Posted By Sandpaints 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Video Card Requirements and Export License Question with Headshot

Author
Sandpaints
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I am testing the TRIAL version, but Auto Mode does not seem to like my computer system and thus there is no current opportunity to generate a character with hair.
That sort of surprised me, as I thought my system would be strong enough: CPU Intel Core i7, 8 GB memory 64 Bit Windows10 - with a Nvidia 970 GTX video card that also has 8 GBs of Ram.
SO, I hope Reallusion can develop a driver that will work with the Nvidia line of video cards using Auto Mode....? Do we really have to buy new video cards to make this fully functional?

Otherwise I am finding Headshot is very powerful, with quick results, in combination with Character Creator. Although I don't know yet whether it can export rigged heads, for example for use in Crazy Talk 8 ?

Also, since I have an EXPORT version of Character Creator 3 Pipeline Bundle, the marketing materials for Headshot do not say whether there will be an additional cost for an export license with this plugin or will it work in tandem with my current license? I submitted that question to Customer Support this evening and will share the answer when received if nobody has the information.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Sandpaints
Kiwi-Hawk
Kiwi-Hawk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Kia ora

I have an i7 6800k and it's fine, my guess would be turn that 8Gb ram into at least 16Gb, BUT as I said it's just my guess because you don't say what the i7 chip is
luke (RL)
luke (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Power Developer
Last Active: 2 days ago
Sandpaints (11/20/2019)
I am testing the TRIAL version, but Auto Mode does not seem to like my computer system and thus there is no current opportunity to generate a character with hair.
That sort of surprised me, as I thought my system would be strong enough: CPU Intel Core i7, 8 GB memory 64 Bit Windows10 - with a Nvidia 970 GTX video card that also has 8 GBs of Ram.
SO, I hope Reallusion can develop a driver that will work with the Nvidia line of video cards using Auto Mode....? Do we really have to buy new video cards to make this fully functional?

Otherwise I am finding Headshot is very powerful, with quick results, in combination with Character Creator. Although I don't know yet whether it can export rigged heads, for example for use in Crazy Talk 8 ?

Also, since I have an EXPORT version of Character Creator 3 Pipeline Bundle, the marketing materials for Headshot do not say whether there will be an additional cost for an export license with this plugin or will it work in tandem with my current license? I submitted that question to Customer Support this evening and will share the answer when received if nobody has the information.

Does there any message show up? 

birkeholm
birkeholm
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Are you in Pro or Auto -mode?
In Pro-mode I don't get hair; but with the same Photo in Auto-mode, Hair is generated

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 39 minutes ago
Intel Core CPU's do need to be Sandy Bridge (2nd Generation) or higher for Auto Mode to work. You may have a 1st generation Intel i7.  As Luke mentioned previously, do you get an error message when trying to use Auto Mode? If so please post a screenshot of the message. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Kevin.S
Kevin.S
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Sandpaints (11/20/2019)

Windows takes 4 to 8GB of ram just to run especially 64 bit version, when you add 3d software your most likely hitting your max ram, you really
should have 16GB. Try this hit" ctrl alt delete keys all at once select task manager" or type task manager in the window search ..open task manager,
at the bottom of the window hit "more details" leave that window open and open CC3 ....see how much memory you are using ' CPU etc...This will tell
you if you are maxing system resources.If you are almost maxed out then you need more ram. Reallusion does not make drivers, Nvidia does, you should
check to see if your drivers are up to date. Right click on your desk top, scroll down to Nvidia. open it and check the driver version then go to Nvidia and check
the newest version there update if need be.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ba77f8ab-d11d-4874-b0fe-b9be.png

Here is a tip if you are running lots of 3d software you want a powerful video card with as much Vram as possible.
As far as the system you want 16 to 32 GB ram. You dont need the best CPU your GPU will be the dominate processor.

If you go to windows search type in the word "about" a window will pop up with system information.
you can check which model CPU you have

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dfd7d1a4-8766-4f6d-939e-0124.png

Once you know all this information you will be able to make a better call on what the issue might be.
I highly doubt CC3 Headshot is the issue.

The latest driver version for your card
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cee4f631-1df4-4a87-a954-c1a5.png

Download your driver here

hope this helps in some way. BigGrinBigGrin

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com
Edited
5 Years Ago by Kevin.S
Marty3DGuru
Marty3DGuru
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Peter (RL) (11/20/2019)
Intel Core CPU's do need to be Sandy Bridge (2nd Generation) or higher for Auto Mode to work. You may have a 1st generation Intel i7.  As Luke mentioned previously, do you get an error message when trying to use Auto Mode? If so please post a screenshot of the message. 

Correct. I have a 1st Gen Core i7.
These chipsets do not have avx instruction set which is needed to process the magical algorithms of the automation.
I'm just relieved I could still use the Pro Mode.
Phew.
I love the new shaders and headshot plugin, tremendous work by all great job. BigGrin
Edited
5 Years Ago by Marty3DGuru
Sandpaints
Sandpaints
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

First I want to say Thank You to all the excellent posts and suggestions that have increased my understanding.
I have now pretty much determined that my difficulty is due to not the video card nor to amount of  8 GB RAM and Video memory. Rather the problem is the CPU Intel Core i7 model 870 apparently being too old on the mother board.  I did find that in the process I had to update my video card driver, but that did not make a difference in terms of solving the problem, but it helped to get that reminder !

However, Headshot in Pro mode works passably fine when I use it but taxes the system time wise during the model generation. When generating it uses at times 100% of the CPU and around 52% of the available ram memory - eventually completing the process. So with patience it works without crashing anything. I suspect without the fairly good video card installed this would not be working - so the thing for me to do is to upgrade my computer.

I use two monitors, so getting a newer desktop computer seems to be the thing whose time has arrived. My current computer is still useful other than for this situation, so augmenting with another computer makes sense although I wish it was not so obvious ! 
From what I researched myself, it seems AVX instruction sets are possibly not going to be supported much longer, such that my suggestion is that should be of concern to Reallusion going forward. See Advanced Vector Extensions on Wikipedia Here -

Edited
5 Years Ago by Sandpaints
Sandpaints
Sandpaints
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

When I would click on the auto mode it would immediately send up a box stating that AVX is not supported on my computer and direct me to use Pro Mode. Excuse me for not having made that clear statement before. Your question was right on ! Pro Mode works but challenges my current computer system as I have found out using the Task Manager Windows tool as suggested to me in an other post here.

Reading This Topic