Posted By Peter (RL) 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

OFFICIAL Character Creator 3.2, 3.21 and 3.22 Issues Thread

Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
mrtobycook (1/20/2020)
Hi Peter :-) I just posted this in feedback tracker but would love some help! :-)
When I first installed CC3, I set my external files to a certain place. Everything seems to work fine. They are here:
D:/_REALLUSION DOCUMENTS
But when I upgraded to version 3.21, and then installed the DIGITAL HUMAN content stuff, it all thinks the textures are in that default place:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion
And actually, even more confusingly, it seems that it thinks some of the stuff is here:
D:\Reallusion\
Very frustrating and is taking forever to relink everything! :-(
Toby

Hi Toby

Sorry to hear you are having problems with Character Creator.

Have you moved any content folders since your original installation? If you have then this will be the cause of the problems.

When you install iClone or Character Creator you can choose the location of your Template and Custom content folders. Once you have chosen the drive and folders used for your content you should not try to move the content anywhere else. Normally when this is observed all future content installs will automatically be placed in the correct folders.

While it is possible to edit the system registry to correct issues finding content, it is normally quicker and safer to uninstall and reinstall CC3 again paying careful attention to where you are choosing to install your content.

However if you are experienced with Registry Editing you can choose to manually edit the content locations in the two areas below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Reallusion\Character Creator\3.0

And

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Reallusion\Character Creator\3.0

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

michael.pickering
michael.pickering
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
mrtobycook (1/20/2020)
Just to follow on from my post - the even STRANGER thing is that if I just "OK" the dialogue box that says the textures are missing, it seems they all work - maybe except the eyeball? Which is black? :-)

AND even if I manually link everything (well, I can't relink the HDR as it won't let me choose a .hdr file grrrrrrr), the eyeball is still black. What is happening?? :-)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7b0165f5-49c8-407c-b347-54ac.png

I just encountered a similar problem with the eyes of a character created in a previous CC3 version when I tried to update to Digital Human Shader. After the change, other materials look better but the eyes turned black!
michael.pickering
michael.pickering
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)

I'll also post this in Feedback Tracker, but here's further information on the issue with eye materials upon conversion to "Digital Human Shader":

achimxx
achimxx
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hello,

Character Creator 3.21 Pipeline starts normally, but when loading any file, it shows "Loading Stream ...", then "Converting data ...", then while showing "Please Wait ..." it crashes (Application disappears from the screen with no error message).
I tried many of the game ready and studio drivers (Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti) with no effect. I also tried to uninstall CC3, to clean the registration, and to reinstall CC3. Nothing helped.

Intel i7 4000 MHz
Memory 64 GB
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

achimxx (1/26/2020)
Hello,

Character Creator 3.21 Pipeline starts normally, but when loading any file, it shows "Loading Stream ...", then "Converting data ...", then while showing "Please Wait ..." it crashes (Application disappears from the screen with no error message).
I tried many of the game ready and studio drivers (Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti) with no effect. I also tried to uninstall CC3, to clean the registration, and to reinstall CC3. Nothing helped.

Intel i7 4000 MHz
Memory 64 GB

Hi...

If you are still having this issue, please contact Technical Support using the link below and let them have your dxdiag.txt. They will then be able to check for any problems that may be causing this issue.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Dear Character Creator Users,

We have now released the 3.22 update for Character Creator 3.

Important: If you do find any bugs, issues or glitches in Character Creator 3.22, please can you report them first in the Feedback Tracker. Then feel free to discuss the issues in this thread but do try to include a link back to the original Feedback Tracker report or your tracker number.

As always it will help us greatly if we can keep all technical issue discussion in the one place (this thread). This will help the development team keep track of any problems.

Please do try to provide your full system specifications and a detailed description of the problem when reporting issues. If you can provide steps so we can try and reproduce the problem that will be even better.

Many thanks and have fun with Character Creator 3.22. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Colonel_Klink
Colonel_Klink
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)

Not sure if this pre-existed in 3.2x or not as I haven't done much in the way of CC3 morphs until recently. However this new problem exists not only with importing avatar obj's exported from CC3 and altered in Zbrush, and imported to create morph sliders. It also happens with avatars exported as obj's and re-imported without alteration. See attached picture which should explain the problem I have. A reinstall of CC3 did not fix the issue

Feedback Tracker

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/326d63e1-9715-4012-a30f-1bee.png

See all my content in one place
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a5008f7f-0e1f-4504-bcf8-f262.png
Facebook Page: CWK3D Game and Film Content
Cancer Survivor - Retired Teacher - Geriatric Icloner still learning
Hardware: ZX80; Operating System- ZX80 Basic; CPU - ZX80 @ 3.25 MHz; Memory - 1KB; Hard Drive - N/A; Storage - Cassette; Monitor: Any old CRT TV

Power Ten Productions
Power Ten Productions
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Send to iClone is no longer working. It starts the process in Character Creator and then stops and doesn't open iClone or do anything further. This used to work fine on my computer. What information would you need to diagnose why this isn't working? A full system restart didn't work either.
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Power Ten Productions
Look here:
The same problem
https://forum.reallusion.com/436446/Send-to-IClone-no-longer-works-with-lowpoly-clothing-on-CC-3-avatars
Greets from Germany
Postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Power Ten Productions (2/26/2020)
Send to iClone is no longer working. It starts the process in Character Creator and then stops and doesn't open iClone or do anything further. This used to work fine on my computer. What information would you need to diagnose why this isn't working? A full system restart didn't work either.

It should work with regular clothing, but for low-poly clothing there's a problem. See the post above.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic