OFFICIAL Character Creator 3.2, 3.21 and 3.22 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

OFFICIAL Character Creator 3.2, 3.21 and 3.22 Issues Thread

Author
takecover
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
wlokaz_87 (11/19/2019)

Ihave the same problem - after uploading patches 3.2 the CC programdoes not start, no messages are displayed. Any attempts to change thegraphic settings have no effect.

I've experienced the same issue.
The way I resolved it was to uninstall CC3, and reinstall it via Reallusion Hub.
I doubt if the update file v3.2 does not include the other required component updates for pipeline extension or iray render plug-in.
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
First of all I applaud RL for the latest updates and a headshot generator. Job well done guys!

I have a little chance to play with the everything.
Thus far I have one complain about linked media.
So the question: Why are we going back to IC6 era?
I am sure it was asked during beta, but can someone tell me why we have linked media for Digital Shaders?

If you tell me that is because embedding those large images into the project is not practical, I will not take it as an answer.

There are dozen files linked to the character Digital Shader for different parts of the body.
It would be a pain going through each and every one of the them and clicking embed, If I would want to do it.

Aside from that, there are plenty of room for optimization.
Take a look at that monster Micro normal map for body. A whooping 24 Mb PNG file!
Of course If I embed that to every character (even given that it would be linked for each body part), it would be a huge waste or disk and project space.
It is highly impractical to store normal map of this type in PNG format anyway.

I converted Micro normal map to 70% compressed JPEG format and the size of it now is 1.3 Mb
Below I compare the two - one is 24 Mb PNG and another 1.3 Mb JPEG with 200% zoom (no one ever going to observe the skin that close anyway). But can you tell me which is which?
(screenshot itself is 32 bit PNG so there is no quality loss).

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8cb0bef8-66a1-46f8-a1fe-e185.png

I believe other texture files in that shader folder could be optimized and embedded as well.
This is also problem for developers where shared media on the client might be stored in different path.

Problems above need to be addressed in the next update IMO.

Scyra
Scyra
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
The one on the right is clearly compressed! (sorry)

It is strange about the Micro Normal — if you save out the texture it is only 7.45 MB, which is closer to what you would expect from a 2K PNG. Comparing it to the embedded file....ohhh, I see...it's 48-bit instead of 32-bit. That really is unnecessary.

CC3 & Daz Tricks | CC3 to Unity workflow

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

lol fine, but can you honestly tell the difference when it is applied?

BTW it is 64 bit! Damn!

A mouth ambient occlusion - a TGA 4mb file.... Really?

Edited
5 Years Ago by 4u2ges
Scyra
Scyra
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Well, I'm kind of messing with you...I am unusually perceptive for these kind of differences. The darkest blue color represents how deep the normal cuts into the mesh, and I see that the compressed one would result in a more shallow cut. But when saving a Photoshop JPEG at setting 10 (of 12 — Maximum), I can't tell the difference, and it results in a 1.17 MB file.

CC3 & Daz Tricks | CC3 to Unity workflow

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I am unusually perceptive for these kind of differences.

I thought I was Hehe

But my bad, the jpeg file was 1.03 after 70% saving for web (which I usually do not do) and with  level 10 is 1.17 Mb - totally acceptable.
They should go through the whole folder now, optimise and embed texture.

Edited
5 Years Ago by 4u2ges
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
LookingGlassGraphics (11/19/2019)
Snarp, how are you? After you did the troubleshooting were the eyes still dark?

The eye whites were black  when CC3 opened after the initial install, but not so once I fixed the resolution issues and reinstalled the third time.

For anyone that had the same issues as I had and are trying the same fix I posted on the first page of this thread, after I set my resolution back to the default state everything, (as in web pages, explorer windows, ect.) were still displaying out of sync, ie: still to large for the screen. 

To fix this I went into windows display settings and reset the default settings to 125%, then back to the default 150%, and everything came back to normal.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Webp support would be optimal in this regard!

4u2ges (11/20/2019)

I believe other texture files in that shader folder could be optimized and embedded as well.
This is also problem for developers where shared media on the client might be stored in different path.

Problems above need to be addressed in the next update IMO.

wlokaz_87
wlokaz_87
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (258 reputation)Senior Member (258 reputation)Senior Member (258 reputation)Senior Member (258 reputation)Senior Member (258 reputation)Senior Member (258 reputation)Senior Member (258 reputation)Senior Member (258 reputation)Senior Member (258 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago

I received help from Admin Reallusion. I have followed the order and it is now OK. I downloaded CC3.2 from the wrong place. The correct account is: My account, Registration. greetings
Edited
5 Years Ago by wlokaz_87
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
Scyra (11/20/2019)

It is strange about the Micro Normal — if you save out the texture it is only 7.45 MB, which is closer to what you would expect from a 2K PNG. Comparing it to the embedded file....ohhh, I see...it's 48-bit instead of 32-bit. That really is unnecessary.

I would think 24-bits is enough, because you don't need the alpha channel.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic