No Name Material Bug

Posted By e1_scheer 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
e1_scheer
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi RL,

I've batch exported about 60 character models to Unity, but am running into the following
bug.Once I load up my character in Unity, a lot of the materials are missing and replaced
by "no name" materials :

Here's a snapshot of the hair materials in unity as an example of the problem :

On the CC3 side everything looks ok..  Here's the corresponding images in CC3 :

My hunch is that the problem lies with the fact of having consolidated
multiple materials.  It's as if the materials that were consolidated are
still present and assigned on a per face basis.

I can resolve the problem on the unity side by assigning the material
multiple times to the different material slots, but that's a pretty lame
workaround as I have to repeat the process countless times.

Any help or hints would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Iwan
Edited
5 Years Ago by e1_scheer
e1_scheer
e1_scheer
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

So I've done a follow-up test where I've gone back to my original character before consolidating
the materials and then exported it to fbx and imported it into blender.  If I do this then the character
looks fine.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/99d7593d-f217-4bc1-a0ea-04e8.png

However if I consolidate the hair materials for example and follow the same export and import 
procedure the hair materials in blender are messed up.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d3fc588e-e736-4067-aac4-5a25.png

I'm amazed that nobody tested this feature all the way into export.  I'm really stuck now as going
back to previous versions means at least a week of extra work. 🤣

Edited
5 Years Ago by e1_scheer
e1_scheer
e1_scheer
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'm now starting to wonder if consolidating materials exports at all.
Can anyone confirm that you can indeed cosolidate materials and then export the character to a 3rd party app?
Scyra
Scyra
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Somehow I missed this post. I have the exact same experience when consolidating materials. Manually assigning the No Name to the correct material in Unity does not entirely fix the problem—materials I left separate, such as metal pieces, are now sharing the same Smoothness slider as the rest of the outfit...not good.

CC3 & Daz Tricks | CC3 to Unity workflow

Scyra
Scyra
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Added to Feedback Tracker.

CC3 & Daz Tricks | CC3 to Unity workflow

e1_scheer
e1_scheer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I don't think the feedback tracker makes any difference.
I've posted several issues over the last year and none have made it into a release or a fix.

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi e1_scheer,

As far as I know, it's been assigned to the Dev Team to fix.

Reading This Topic