Profile Picture

Face Tracker 3D - Eye Lid Tracking Issue

Posted By stevensonewan 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
stevensonewan
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Hello - I've purchased the CTA4 with Facial 2D Mocap and a decent powered workstation 2.8GHz   8 MB RAM and a Logitech 1080p   £89 camera  - All seems to work ok if I work at 640 x 480 at 30fs - otherwise its just too slow at higher resolution. Anyway, I cant seem to get the eye lids to track. Is this supposed to happen? I think having surprised eyes, wide open, then closing, is a normal requirement but I cant seem to do this Blinking seems to work but not wide open eyes.  Has anyone got any tips? 

Also, my talking face requirements are really for not to be live, so is it always far more powerful to just use lip sync and face puppet with the mouse? Even so, I'd love to try the LIVE Mocap 

Thanks for any advice. 
Ewan, London
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
stevensonewan (11/17/2019)
Hello - I've purchased the CTA4 with Facial 2D Mocap and a decent powered workstation 2.8GHz   8 MB RAM and a Logitech 1080p   £89 camera  - All seems to work ok if I work at 640 x 480 at 30fs - otherwise its just too slow at higher resolution. Anyway, I cant seem to get the eye lids to track. Is this supposed to happen? I think having surprised eyes, wide open, then closing, is a normal requirement but I cant seem to do this Blinking seems to work but not wide open eyes.  Has anyone got any tips? 

Also, my talking face requirements are really for not to be live, so is it always far more powerful to just use lip sync and face puppet with the mouse? Even so, I'd love to try the LIVE Mocap 

Thanks for any advice. 
Ewan, London

Hi, There are two ways to set up the character's eyes wide open.
Here is my testing for explaining as a reference.
The first is that going to Composer Mode and using the Facial animation setup to modify the eyes wide open.
The second is that using the Motion LIVE 2D facial strength to adjust the slider.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a1968c9a-2ea3-470b-98bf-42b8.gif

Edited
5 Years Ago by kylelee
stevensonewan
stevensonewan
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Kylee,

Thanks - I'll give that a try Smile 

Reading This Topic