iClone 7.6 + Ipi Soft for mocap

Posted By pgibouin 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pgibouin
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi,

The last release of Ipi Soft allow mocap without markers with very good results and best of all, v4 release can work now with 30$ action cams (720p @ 120 frames rate). That means a full Ipi Soft mocap solution costs $180 with 6 action cams (plus x6 64GB microSD cards, $6 each) without any cables or PCs needed... (for the capture) + the price of the basic license of the software: $695

We can have a full body mocap solution for less than $900. Problem, Ipi Soft doesn't manage facial mocap, and there is no simple solution to bring the mocap files (BVH) into iClone 7.6 / 3DXchange 7 Pipeline. The last tutorials we can find are for iClone v4, is there a new faster solution for iClone v7.6 ?

Thanks,

Pierre

luke (RL)
luke (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Power Developer
Last Active: Last Week
pgibouin (11/14/2019)
Hi,

The last release of Ipi Soft allow mocap without markers with very good results and best of all, v4 release can work now with 30$ action cams (720p @ 120 frames rate). That means a full Ipi Soft mocap solution costs $180 with 6 action cams (plus x6 64GB microSD cards, $6 each) without any cables or PCs needed... (for the capture) + the price of the basic license of the software: $695

We can have a full body mocap solution for less than $900. Problem, Ipi Soft doesn't manage facial mocap, and there is no simple solution to bring the mocap files (BVH) into iClone 7.6 / 3DXchange 7 Pipeline. The last tutorials we can find are for iClone v4, is there a new faster solution for iClone v7.6 ?

Thanks,

Pierre

If you can provide the bvh data from ipi, we can try it.

kungphu
kungphu
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
If you're patient, you can find used Perception Neuron (32 sensors including hand animation) for ~$1000. Sometimes a little more like $1,200 and sometime a little les like $950. Using iclone's PN Motionlive Plug is crazy convenient if you're working out blocking in a scene. YOu can do it real time. No to mention interaction with actors, take several takes based on different camera set ups. Point is to work inside iClone is so crazy convenient, it's worth sticking with a solution that already has an in program app for it. Just my 2 cents Smile

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

Kalex
Kalex
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Hello,
I've been using the Ipisoft Solution for almost 2 years now and I never had issues with it. The prices they offer are really affordable and the results quite stunning I must say... They updated 3 or 4 times the software during the year and the improvements were amazing. I use 2 kinect sensors for 360 degrees motions, you just have to be careful with the lighting. So, if you cannot afford the perception neuron for now, I should really recommend the Ipisoft solution. You won't be disappointed ! 
IonG
IonG
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (65 reputation)New Member (65 reputation)New Member (65 reputation)New Member (65 reputation)New Member (65 reputation)New Member (65 reputation)New Member (65 reputation)New Member (65 reputation)New Member (65 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hello, how did you managed to transfer the motions from ipi studio to iclone? I have downloaded the trial version but it only has a profile for iclone 3 that does not seem to work anymore.

Thank you very much.
Kalex
Kalex
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Hello, 

I think the trial version has all the formats you can export... iclone 3 format does not work anymore so forget it =/ 
You can choose several formats: bvh, obj, fbx... depending on what software you use (ue4, 3ds max, but what works best for me, endorphin profile). Converting them into 3dxchange take only a few seconds. 
Edited
4 Years Ago by Kalex

Reading This Topic