CC3 Clothing with extra bones

Posted By will2power71 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
will2power71
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I haven't seen an example anywhere, so I thought I would ask around. Is it possible to make CC3 clothing that has bones in it for posing? what I'm talking about is something like a hat with bones in the brim that will allow you to flip the brim up, or a long coat with bones in the tail that will allow you to pose it as a character gets on a motorcycle. Most times physics is great for what I need, but there are some times when it's just not working. Has anyone ever tried anything like that. or seen examples of CC3 Clothing Rigged that way? I believe the term is "helper Bones" 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
You can do that as an accessory, I believe (so not cloth).

I've used wings rigged this way in iClone and I *assume* they can come into CC3.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
MIDI3D
MIDI3D
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Quick question: Has Reallusion abandoned the request by will2power71 and others to develop and include Alembic import? This would be a major leap forward for cloth simulation and physics in general and in my opinion, help to attract those who use the more expensive 3D software. Even Blender, which is obviously free, has both import and export for Alembic files. I hope that somehow Peter will see this!  Smile This is my first post, although I have been a forum member for years. I wish to take this opportunity to thank will2power71, and of course the still current genius Kellytoons, for all of the information that I have learned over the years! I also send a big THANK YOU! to Peter and all of the forum members, but of course, to list them all would be a bit unreasonable. Ha! Ha!

Reading This Topic