Profile Picture

editing project

Posted By bryantpd92 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
bryantpd92
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi, I have made a couple of projects with CTA 4 already but I am having in issuing in trying to edit a project once it is completed. Is there a way I can remove frames from the middle of a project for example if I'm trying to cut down on run time? When i scroll over the frames in the project panel and hit remove frames/data it doesn't seem to work?
raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
You should use a video editor for that, i can recommend hitfilm, they have a free version that should take care of all your editing needs
bryantpd92
bryantpd92
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Thanks Raxel,!
I have premiere so I’ll try to use that! Was just wondering if there was an easy way to remove frames from the entire project that I was missing ? Seems like there is not.
raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
In iclone it is possible, maybe in cta too, but i'm not a cta user, maybe you can find that in the manual
vepop
vepop
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
In the Timeline, there are these two red markers.
Use them to mark the beginning (eg. frame no.1)  and end of a video clip (eg. frame no. 100).
Export the first video clip.
Then, mark the timeline again (eg. frame no. 200 to frame no. 300).
Export as the 2nd video clip. 
The unwanted part (eg. frame 101 to 199) is not captured as a video clip.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
Edited
5 Years Ago by vepop
garylearntech
garylearntech
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Deleting Frames: http://manual.reallusion.com/Cartoon_Animator_4/ENU/Pipeline/Content/Resources/ENU/09_Timeline/Deleting_Frames.htm

This will do what you're after.  It will also shorten the project length by the same amount.  However, if you're zoomed in on your timeline, this might not be apparent and might explain why you didn't think it had worked when you were trying it.
  • Create a new blank project
  • At t=0, add a small prop at one side of the screen
  • Move the playhead to, say, t=10 seconds
  • move the prop to the other side of the screen
You now have a simple animation that will take 10 seconds for the prop to move across the screen and stop at t=10 (or, if you prefer, keyframe 300).

Now use the steps from the link to delete project frames from the middle of your animation.  Delete, say, about 150 frames (5 seconds) worth of the project.

Now play back and you'll see that it has indeed shortened your project.  Hope this helps…

---
Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline (always the current production version, unless otherwise stated)
Mac mini M1, macOS Big Sur (11.6.5)
Signature data last updated 2022-05-15

Reading This Topic