Calibration issue

Posted By sterlingy 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
sterlingy
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
For some reason, sometimes when I calibrate, the mouth tracker seems to move to the bottom of the nose. I was wondering if anyone has had this issue and how you resolved it, assuming you did?

Cheers,

Sterling

Stick with the flock, end up a lamb chop!

--------------------- GEAR --------------------
MSI G60 Ghost
AMD 2700X 8 Core @ 4.3GHz Asus Astrix RTX 2080Ti 32GB Ram Samsung 21:9 3440x1440 Monitor
Perception Neuron Mocap (2)

Reallusion Pipeline Suite 3D Studio Max Modo 901 Unreal Engine 4 Zbrush Allegorithmic Substance LIVE Adobe CC

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
In Faceware Realtime for iCone > Settings make sure to select "StaticCam_..." as oppose to "HeadCam_..." profile (that is if your camera is indeed static).

Edited
5 Years Ago by 4u2ges
sterlingy
sterlingy
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using a headcam, so that is the setting for me, but I did try both, just in case.

I find it odd because the mouth tracker is dead on and then I hit calibrate and the tracker moves to the bottom of the nose. I also toyed with the angle of the camera on my face to see if there was some visual that was confusing the application. Didn't make a difference.

The other thing is, this doesn't happen all the time.

MSI G60 Ghost
AMD 2700X 8 Core @ 4.3GHz Asus Astrix RTX 2080Ti 32GB Ram Samsung 21:9 3440x1440 Monitor

Reallusion Pipeline Suite 3D Studio Max Modo 901 Unreal Engine 4 Zbrush Allegorithmic Substance LIVE Adobe CC

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I see. I do not have a *head rig* and using static camera. But as I was experimenting, whenever I  switch to HeadCam profile and calibrate, sometimes mouth tracker jumps to the nose and nose tracker getting scaled down.
I noticed however it is happening mostly when the distance between face and camera is over 1.5ft. Moving closer seems helping to get tracker in right spots though.

sterlingy
sterlingy
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

4u2ges (11/7/2019)
I see. I do not have a *head rig* and using static camera. But as I was experimenting, whenever I  switch to HeadCam profile and calibrate, sometimes mouth tracker jumps to the nose and nose tracker getting scaled down.
I noticed however it is happening mostly when the distance between face and camera is over 1.5ft. Moving closer seems helping to get tracker in right spots though.

That is what I am experiencing. My camera is about 6 inches from my face and everything lines up just as it does in the tutorial video series.

What kind of camera do you use?

MSI G60 Ghost

animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
I've found that I need really good lighting, so I have placed a LED bar on top of my monitor.

Now I don't know if you move around with your head-cam, so in your case any lighting solution would be different.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

sterlingy
sterlingy
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I actually have lighting on my headcam, but I have it disabled. Maybe that's what I need to try. I had attempted to calibrate in a well lit room with daylight, but the problem still happened.

I'll re-wire the lighting tomorrow and let you know if I have better results.

MSI G60 Ghost

Reading This Topic