Profile Picture

Hey everyone - I need help (Read the message below)

Posted By souwrit.ray2009 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General.png
souwrit.ray2009
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (512 reputation)Veteran Member (512 reputation)Veteran Member (512 reputation)Veteran Member (512 reputation)Veteran Member (512 reputation)Veteran Member (512 reputation)Veteran Member (512 reputation)Veteran Member (512 reputation)Veteran Member (512 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi everyone, I am Souwrit Ray from Kolkata, West Bengal, India

I have been using three reallusion products which are iClone 7 (with 3DxChange), Character Creator 3, and Crazy Talk 8. I shall soon purchase the Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline tool.

I have been fascinated with animation movies all my life and want to create animation movies of my own, and I found all these potentials in iClone and Character Creator. I also have DAZ Studio for transferring some specific Characters and its props for usage in iClone via CC3.

Now I need some help.

You all may have seen the James Bond Movie DIE ANOTHER DAY. In that movie there is a scene where Halle Berry comes out of the sea all wet and drenched.

Well I would like to recreate that scene in iClone, but there are a few problems.

Problem 1 - There are no wet skin maps in the Reallusion Content Store or Marketplace. I have some Wet Skin Maps on DAZ, but they cannot be used in CC3 or iClone as I don't know how to transfer them into CC3/iClone.

Problem 2 - Having wet Skin maps is not enough. i need to show the water and its droplets rolling from the body of the character (Which is only possible in Photoshop and DAZ not in CC3/iClone)

So, can anyone who is an expert in using these tools (iClone and CC3) help me out? Please Let me know.

I am awaiting for your replies and 
solutions (or tips and tutorials).

With regards,

Souwrit Ray
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Quick response as I have to go: You can try using a video texture of raindrops going down a glass window in the Blend channel of the skin. I have used that to show raindrops gliding down a car's surface.

You might also be able to do things with particles in addition. I leave that to the experts.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
You can tweak the roughness maps, lower the brightness, that can give a wet like look. And animagic's suggestion sounds interesting
souwrit.ray2009
souwrit.ray2009
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (512 reputation)Veteran Member (512 reputation)Veteran Member (512 reputation)Veteran Member (512 reputation)Veteran Member (512 reputation)Veteran Member (512 reputation)Veteran Member (512 reputation)Veteran Member (512 reputation)Veteran Member (512 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks a lot. The result was exceptional
Here is a frame from the scene 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/54d42583-213c-4ddd-9c96-1aec.png

Reading This Topic