iray renders with inconsistent bit depth

Posted By raxel_67 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
raxel_67
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/rendered-images-have-different-bit-depth

Something is wrong with the iray export process, this week i rendered a 2400 frames sequence and frame 1437 to frame 1593 the pngs where at 24 bits instead of 32 bits after that almost all of the remaining frames are at 32 bits except for 10 or so frames that were at 24 bits. it took me a while to figure it out, apparently hitfilm (and i suppose every other nle) doesn't like the incosistency and the frames come out black.

for those who might be curious about render times it took 32 hours with a six core i7 and a gtx 1080 at 200 iterations with denoiser kicking in at 90. I consider this fast af for ray tracing. And unlike the indigo plugin the export took less than 20 minutes, didn't eat all my ram and it just occupies 352 mb. So congrats to rl on a very well done plugin. But please hotfix this bug a soon as possible.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks for the feedback. As the issue is now logged in the Feedback Tracker it will be investigated by the iClone team.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Regular iClone PNG renders come out as 32-bit, which isn't always necessary and eats up disk space.

There used to be an option to select between 24-bit or 32-bit. It would be good to have that back. And of course fix the inconsistency.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic