Profile Picture

G3 Character creation without Photoshop

Posted By blahblahhello 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
blahblahhello
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Character creation without Photoshop  :    after following the Character Creation with G3 Template tutorial i am wondering how i go about attaching a talking head to the character i have created.
if anyone can advise how that would be great  , Thanks..

I no longer have Photoshop and it seems charcter creation is a bit tricky without it ,  i see 2 ways of doing character creation without Photoshop.
1 use the g3 template , not exactly easy when the parent transform sprite import doesn't really work..
2. Import a png of your character , do bone placement and then duplicate layers and mask , enabling you to create a layer for each body part..
Each method is not great but it is what it is...    but i have no idea how to then attach a talking head once i have done this ..
any advice is appreciated , Thanks..

elyoB nhoJ

kylelee
kylelee
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
john.boyle1 (10/28/2019)
Character creation without Photoshop  :    after following the Character Creation with G3 Template tutorial i am wondering how i go about attaching a talking head to the character i have created.
if anyone can advise how that would be great  , Thanks..

I no longer have Photoshop and it seems charcter creation is a bit tricky without it ,  i see 2 ways of doing character creation without Photoshop.
1 use the g3 template , not exactly easy when the parent transform sprite import doesn't really work..
2. Import a png of your character , do bone placement and then duplicate layers and mask , enabling you to create a layer for each body part..
Each method is not great but it is what it is...    but i have no idea how to then attach a talking head once i have done this ..
any advice is appreciated , Thanks..

Hello, this is my testing provide to you as a reference.
If you don't have Photoshop, CTA4.1 has provided a Free PSD editor call Photopea, you can install but it supports pipeline version only.
OR you can install the Krita, it is also a free PSD editor and more powerful.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9a8db415-7be8-4fe7-8a65-57a2.gif

Albert_RL
Albert_RL
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Last Year
double posted
Edited
5 Years Ago by Albert_RL
vidi
vidi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
photoshop .....is a bit tricky without it 

I use Clipstudio and it is exactly the Same Workflow 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

blahblahhello
blahblahhello
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thanks for the advice regarding Photopea   ,  i was getting a bit frustrated trying to find the best/easiest way to use CTA4 without Photoshop   ( rigging characters )  and was starting to wonder if it was possible. It seems it is very possible.   if you have the facial parts of your CH saved in PNG ,  face , nose , eyes , brows , hair , etc ..  i reccomend this :
1. open CTA4 :  Composer Mode     2.  Add G3 Bone Base to the stage    3.  Attach a g3 head to the bone base   4. Go to Layer Manager , delete bone base image       5. select the face in layer manager ,     6.  replace face image with your CH face image ,  enlarge it , put in correct position..       7. Use the sprite editor to go through the facial features replacing them with your ch face parts .  8. Go to stage mode and test facial features       9. Save as custom head     10. back to stage mode and place a G3 front CH on the stage.    11  Attach the custom head you just made to the G3 CH.        Now go and animate your character and make him talk.... happy days  ,  done without Photoshop...

I found a tutorial on Youtube and this is the link should anyone want to follow it :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ8-8kxFfTE

I realise there will be plenty people who have no problems or issues rigging characters but there's probably also lots that are struggling to get their head around things at the beginning , how to rig , the right process to use , with or without photoshop

It seems to me that if character creation is done this way there is no need for Photoshop in the process ,  i understand the quick sync makes it preferable to some people but if you know what you are doing and you have planned your work in advance then this way is very simple and quick ,  lets be honest if you have your graphics editor of choice open along with CTA4 then it's not a big deal to save one file then export it , then import it to another program ....     i still don't really understand why Adobe have partnered with CTA but the more i think about , it's probably because Adobe CH Animator is mince.....

elyoB nhoJ

Reading This Topic