Frames rendering way fast

Posted By andrew.genaille 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
andrew.genaille
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 days ago

So bought the link to Unreal... took me all night to get a render; Mostly because I had to record voices and motion cap for the faces but then used the link (watched all the videos to learn how)

Did my render and must’ve missed some button.

The four minute video came out at two minutes.

Also at each camera cut there’s a whip pan movement I don’t know how to fix.

https://youtu.be/9uKVSDkj190

I can’t figure out where the imbed link is but that’s the YouTube video.

Any help would be great.

andrew.genaille
andrew.genaille
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Looks nice though.
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
With the frames fast, that may be related to 30 FPS and 60 FPS settings somewhere in Unreal.
I think there are a couple of places you have to set in Unreal, i forget where though.

The Whip-
You used Camera switch in iClone?  Or what did you do for that. 
If you merely edited the timeline to transition 1 cam back and forth in iClone, iClone's output will look nice because it does this frame by frame.
But Unreal will be baking the camera movement so it has to instantly Whip the camera back and forth to accommodate what it 'sees' happening in iClone. 
Octane Render also does this as well, it Whips the cam back and forth like your video shows.  One way to overcome this would be to render two performances, and then splice the camera views back and forth in an external video editing soft, like Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas, etc...Although, this will be a serious PIA the way you have it alternating.
Maybe you could do the alternating composite in the Unreal editor itself too?  Although, that is probably a lot of work too.

I think you just are experiencing the joys of film-making.  2 camera men are more expensive than 1 running back and forth, but it will look better.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
How are you doing the camera cuts? If you are using a the switch between two cameras, they should not have any movement at all. Likewise if you are using a keyframe to change a single camera, using a step key.

My first thought was that maybe you were doing the cut with two keys in a row instead of the one set to step?
andrew.genaille
andrew.genaille
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I did everything in Iclone first, Multiple cameras on the switch line for the cuts. Then I transferred everything over through live link to unreal engine. Then it was just a matter of using sequencer, It looks fine when I play back the sequencer and follows the editcamera; But the blurs show up when I use the capture feature. I tried the sequence rendering as well, Which let me see some of the frames individually... I’ll post them when I get to the computer again but some of the frames are random shots of different parts of the train... as if the camera flew off for one frame and then came back.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I would try doing a single camera with step-key jump-cuts, just to see if it's different. But it sounds like something going on in UE4.

Reading This Topic