Profile Picture

jawOpen jaw control not working in Unreal

Posted By cg_629842 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
cg_629842
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I am using Motion Live with Live Face to get real-time facial animation and everything looks fine in iClone, but in Unreal the jaw is not influenced.
Every other blendshape seems to be working fine.
I have specified all the jaw poses under 'Jaw' in the 'Expression Editor' in 3dxchange.
I'm on the newest version of iClone, 4.22.3 Unreal.

This is a custom character brought through 3dxchange not Character Creator.

I have also tried starting from scratch making a test character (just a sphere with a single blendshape for the jaw), passed it through 3dxchange and brought it to iClone to link with Unreal, it works in iClone but not in Unreal.

Any help would be appreciated. 
Edited
5 Years Ago by cg_629842
cg_629842
cg_629842
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)

So I'm still having this same problem, and I've realised that the eye movement is not being transferred to Unreal either.
This seems like it should be a simple fix but I've found nothing so far.
Edited
5 Years Ago by cg_629842
cg_629842
cg_629842
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Is this actually not possible or something? Does anyone know?
AllenLee (RL)
AllenLee (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)

Hi cg_629842,

If the pose of your character definition is adjusted with bones, then there is no problem, but if you use the morph you imported,
your character's jaw may not be driven in iClone Unreal Live Link.

The temporary solution is to let the name and order of the morph you import be the same as the morph name and order of the CC character.

Allen
cg_629842
cg_629842
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks for the reply.

I would just like to use the morphs as they appear in iClone. I do not want to use bones for the eye and jaws.
When you say 'may not be driven in iClone Unreal Live Link', you mean that morphs cannot be transferred to Unreal (using this method), right?

AllenLee (RL) (10/29/2019)
The temporary solution is to let the name and order of the morph you import be the same as the morph name and order of the CC character.

Could you elaborate on this? Which CC character? Is there a reference to the correct order and naming, and by temporary do you mean I will be able to use morphs (only) for the jaw and eyes in Unreal?

Thanks

Edited
5 Years Ago by cg_629842
e1_scheer
e1_scheer
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Hi All,
I'm having a similar issue in Unity.
The current export script allows you to export a jaw morph to Unity.
However this feature doesn't work if you're using LOD's and include the original avatar.
There are a couple of plugins that allow you to create new morph targets, but that's cumbersome.

Here's the link to the thread :
https://forum.reallusion.com/424802/Mouth-Open-LOD?Keywords=mouth%20open
I've also raided the issue on the feedback tracker :
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Open-Mouth-LOD

Feel free to vote on the issue, if you think it can help,

Oddbody

Edited
5 Years Ago by e1_scheer
cg_629842
cg_629842
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I actually saw the thread just before.
Indeed it's a similar problem.

I use Unity often and will possibly implement Unreal Live Link so I voted on the feedback tracker.
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Wait, is this all for a CC3 base character, or a custom 3DX character. 
Because LiveLink only works on the CC3 Base, right? 

Reading This Topic