Profile Picture

Import sprite/Parent transform4

Posted By blahblahhello Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
blahblahhello
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: Last Year
The tutorial makes importing sprites simple BUT it doesn't seem to work , parent transform button ticked or not ...    am i doing something wrong ?  , is there a way round this ?  also seems to want to chop bits of my graphics making them unusable ,  any advice , tips , Anyone ??     Thanks....

elyoB nhoJ

blahblahhello
blahblahhello
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)

i realise this forum is a bit of a joke , and the importing sprite function does not work the way it's supposed too ,  no bother , usual animation program stuff , it does this ,  no it doesn't 

so my answer , to my question is this :   Open a g3 Character  ,   replace each body part with your own ,  the imported body part will slot in place but it will be small ,  enlarge it to it's correct size ,  importing your own parts one by one to replace the G3 charcter with your own...    job done ,  next the head...

Will this process enable me to replace the head and its parts with my own ??   soon find out ...

elyoB nhoJ

blahblahhello
blahblahhello
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Cartoon Animator 4 is great

elyoB nhoJ

Edited
Last Year by john.boyle1
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
john.boyle1 (10/25/2019)
i realise this forum is a bit of a joke

Why is it a joke? You are not really encouraging people to help you when you insult the product, the forum and the person trying to help you (I already removed a couple of other posts because of this). Please try to be respectful at all times. The forum is pretty easy going but being polite and respectful is a basic requirement here.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
john.boyle1 (10/25/2019)
Peter , will you do me a favour and give me some info on how to add a talking head to a g3 character   ,  without Photoshop ...Please....   i can re-rig a g3 with my own parts but i wonder how to give the charcter a talking head. 

links or info ..please... Thanks in advance..

Please take a look at the tutorial blow. This shows how to replace facial sprites with your own artwork.

G3 Head Creation for Any Character
https://youtu.be/pc7HDeCCj-Q

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

kylelee
kylelee
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 hours ago
john.boyle1 (10/25/2019)
Peter , will you do me a favour and give me some info on how to add a talking head to a g3 character   ,  without Photoshop ...Please....   i can re-rig a g3 with my own parts but i wonder how to give the charcter a talking head. 

links or info ..please... Thanks in advance..

Hi, you can refer to this post.
This is my testing.
https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost425678.aspx

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cf6fe560-e160-41df-8ae5-d6c8.gif
blahblahhello
blahblahhello
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Peter (RL) (10/28/2019)
john.boyle1 (10/25/2019)
i realise this forum is a bit of a joke

Why is it a joke? You are not really encouraging people to help you when you insult the product, the forum and the person trying to help you (I already removed a couple of other posts because of this). Please try to be respectful at all times. The forum is pretty easy going but being polite and respectful is a basic requirement here.

it seems a bit of a joke to me because forum gatekeepers like yourself respond to bad comments about the program RATHER THAN answering/helping PEOPLE WITH QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS ,   i see many threads/questions sittinng unanswered but any negative comment about Adobe or Cartoon animator is jumped on...

elyoB nhoJ

blahblahhello
blahblahhello
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

I was getting a bit frustrated trying to find the best/easiest way to use CTA4 without Photoshop   ( rigging characters )  and was starting to wonder if it was possible. It seems it is very possible.   if you have the facial parts of your CH saved in PNG ,  face , nose , eyes , brows , hair , etc ..  i reccomend this :

1. open CTA4 :  Composer Mode     2.  Add G3 Bone Base to the stage    3.  Attach a g3 head to the bone base   4. Go to Layer Manager , delete bone base image       5. select the face in layer manager ,     6.  replace face image with your CH face image ,  enlarge it , put in correct position..       7. Use the sprite editor to go through the facial features replacing them with your ch face parts .  8. Go to stage mode and test facial features       9. Save as custom head     10. back to stage mode and place a G3 front CH on the stage.    11  Attach the custom head you just made to the G3 CH.        Now go and animate your character and make him talk.... happy days  ,  done without Photoshop...

I found a tutorial on Youtube and this is the link should anyone want to follow it :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ8-8kxFfTE

I realise there will be plenty people who have no problems or issues rigging characters but there's probably also lots that are struggling to get their head around things at the beginning , how to rig , the right process to use , with or without photoshop

It seems to me that if character creation is done this way there is no need for Photoshop in the process ,  i understand the quick sync makes it preferable to some people but if you know what you are doing and you have planned your work in advance then this way is very simple and quick ,  lets be honest if you have your graphics editor of choice open along with CTA4 then it's not a big deal to save one file then export it , then import it to another program ....     i still don't really understand why Adobe have partnered with CTA but the more i think about , it's probably because Adobe CH Animator is mince.....

elyoB nhoJ

blahblahhello
blahblahhello
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

I am very impressed with CTA4 and it surprises me what can be done with it , now that i understand the process of rigging my characters i look forward to making some decent animations.
It is surprising also how good the lip sync is.

elyoB nhoJ

Edited
Last Year by john.boyle1
blahblahhello
blahblahhello
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

yeah so thats it then  ,  attach a head to a bone , Re-rig ,   attach a head to a body , Re-rig ,   unless your happy using the CTA4 characters body ,  great , job done

Animate and make him/her/it talk  , happy days ,  Only problem now is any time a CTA 4 animation is added to the CH , maybe a limb falls off or a hand starts wandering away from the wrist
Hmmm.  interesting , ok ,  don't use CTA 4 animations and just do frame by frame movements to your very well rigged character , happy days...

Ok , this program is very good once you've cracked the rigging side ,  NO wonder Adobe is crawling up Reallusion's Ass. They must have wrote a big cheque to convince Real to let them throw Photshop into the mix with this GREAT program....  Well sorry Adobe , your help is not needed here , the program can be used very well or just as well WITHOUT Photoshop , haha..

Question :  What do you NEED if you are using Adobe Animate or Adobe Ch Animator  ,   Either a Plug In or ffn Divine Intervention.. haha ,  need to do a character ripping it out of Adobe , that sounds fun...

elyoB nhoJ

Edited
Last Year by john.boyle1

Reading This Topic