Profile Picture

A few questions about Faceware

Posted By torque_045789 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
torque_045789
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (115 reputation)Junior Member (115 reputation)Junior Member (115 reputation)Junior Member (115 reputation)Junior Member (115 reputation)Junior Member (115 reputation)Junior Member (115 reputation)Junior Member (115 reputation)Junior Member (115 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I'm currently looking for a Facial Capture program and I'm debating between Reallusion's Faceware and OC3's FaceFX. Faceware looks to be the better program with the ability to use a webcam to capture performances, however, I have a few questions: 

Firstly, does the software work with my own characters that have been created with other 3D Software? Or do I have to use characters made with the Character creator? Can I import FBX files and configure them to work with Faceware? What would this process look like? If my character already has facial morphs set up, is it easy or even possible to import these as well?

Secondly, can you record the live facial capture to a key-framed animation for use in-game engines? It looks like you can, but I haven't seen a definitive answer to this.

Thirdly, does the Facial Mocap Solution bundle (iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, Motion LIVE Plug-in for iClone, iPhone Face Mocap for Motion LIVE Plug-in) come with everything I need to record facial animations and export them to Unreal Engine 4?

Thank you.

Reading This Topic