[Before Launch] Headshot Gallery

Posted By Miranda (RL) 5 Years Ago
Rated 3 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
facr73
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
raxel_67 (10/31/2019)
and how much for this plugin?

This is what I want to know too.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 minutes ago
No one but the sales team at RL knows for sure (and will NOT say until it's released) but my guess is $150 discounted to $99 for a limited time only.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
larryjbiz
larryjbiz
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Maybe even something like dedicated blend channels for headshot. I've used Facegen in Daz and of course you get the head with some texture, but just a blended tone with no detail for the body.
I normally use the blend channel with a CC characters body maps to add detail to the characters body.
But I would like to keep the blend channel open for other uses.

Below is a Facegen character before and after using blend channel.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5ccc316a-468d-4031-8088-3318.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/59e9e5f3-af33-4737-8956-1cb5.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7c1066b8-7b81-413f-9087-790d.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5ffa36b5-ea49-4097-b383-1148.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7e8a324f-0394-4c15-a799-44a7.png
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello everyone!

Thanks for your passionate responses!
We are excited as you are when exploring more cool features of Headshot. 

Did you notice that there two modes showing on the top of the Headshot window?
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/86a0bdcb-00b3-4e1c-8d9a-4b8c.png

The one we showed you last time is PRO mode, and today we are going to show you AUTO mode.
Let's review the PRO mode again!

PRO mode is used to generate elaborate 3D heads especially for main characters, which features
  • Up to 4K texture
  • Full built-in functions to adjust shape and textures
    • Image matching
    • Photo re-projection
    • Custom masks 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0de19013-50b1-4728-8cf3-8668.png

AUTO mode is used to generate 3D Heads and 3D Hair for mid-ranged crowds with a fully-automatic process, which features
  • Up to 1K texture
  • Intelligent texture blend technology
  • 3D hair creation

With AUTO mode, building up your character crowds becomes easier than ever. 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/551e896f-360c-4097-84a0-9e23.png

Let's see how it works!

3D Head and 3D Hair Creation

1. Select AUTO mode, and import a photo
  2. Go to the Scene Manager and check the hair mesh automatically generated by AUTO mode
  3. Save it as hair content
  4. Go back to Headshot, and use the built-in "Sculpt Morph" function to quickly shape the character
  5. Replace the eye color if needed
  6. Like PRO mode, the 3D heads generated with AUTO mode also fully-rigged.

To answer again what you care most about. 
Headshot will be a paid plug-in for Character Creator.  The price and special campaign won't be disclosed until official launch. Smile

Thank you!

Reallusion Team
Edited
5 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

I'm impressed with the "Auto Mode" results ..... - and wondering whether once auto is executed, there mightn't be a way to 'trick' the avatar into accepting a 2K texture - (Just thinking out loud) ...  Ermm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 7 days ago
No No No No 
NO!

Who said Auto Mode should only go up to 1K?
This will undercut this product's likability, mobility, and sale-ability.
I am so sorry to rip this, because this looks so awesome.  But PLEASE do not short change the awesomeness by limiting it to 1K.

Whoever said "it should be limited to 1K" should be limited to the following:
1 BR house
1 FrenchFry at McDonalds
1 Door Car
1 slice of pizza
1 Mbps download speed
1 call per day
1 text per day....
1K salary
etc

Which sounds ridiculous and stupid, right?!  So DO NOT then cap this at 1K.  I don't care what anyone says....make it 4K.

Because why...WHY...What, is it going to crash CC3?  Is that it?....
GOOD...I would rather have it crash CC3 at 4K than to not have it.

Let us decide.  If we want a crazy 4K version of Auto Hair, let us have it.
And if we want to use a 1K 'default' for background characters, great.  See, we can always use 1K this does not have to be taken away.

But PLEASE, for the love of Face-Filter-3 and CTA-4, do NOT cap it at 1K with the idea of 'just for background'. 
In my world EVERYONE is foreground.
Some users may stick and relegate avatars to the back...
I DON'T - Every Avatar Matters!  Do not punish avatars for having auto-generated hair.
It looks so good at 4K!

Well, you thanked us for our Passionate responses....figured I'd give one more.

PS - 4K
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Oh - your an absolute *scream* Tony! ..... You've got me in stitches - lol ....
But hey - I'm not phased by 1K ..... they have their reasons - not a problem ... Tongue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
About the "1k Auto mode" versus "4k Pro mode" ---  I wonder if they will be packages as two items.  Sort of like we have "Pipeline" versions of Reallusion software.  Maybe the 1k is lower-cost, and we pay more for the 4k pro version.  Like others, I'm just thinking out loud and am wondering.

About the results --- Very nice.  I'm really looking forward to this being released.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
5 Years Ago by justaviking
FallenNInja
FallenNInja
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Wow the Auto mode looks pretty neat. The results are even more impressive if you take a step back and recognize that those results are fully automated on a less than optimal headshot image. The 1k limitation does remove some of the excitement I had for it but I'm sure if one is clever enough you can export the hair/face textures and manually touch them up. You could also combine the pro high res face with a touched up auto hair. 

It would be disappointing however if the 1k limit is only in place to not overshadow the sales of their various hair packs.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 12 minutes ago
TonyDPrime (11/5/2019)
No No No No 
NO!

Who said Auto Mode should only go up to 1K?
This will undercut this product's likability, mobility, and sale-ability.
I am so sorry to rip this, because this looks so awesome.  But PLEASE do not short change the awesomeness by limiting it to 1K.

For those who are worried about Auto Mode being restricted to 1K, you can get incredible results from Pro mode with just the default settings. The character below was generated using one-click Pro mode with no tweaking whatsoever. Just check it out full screen to see the level of detail captured.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7754d103-489d-463e-b83c-8032.jpg

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic