[Before Launch] Headshot Gallery

Posted By Miranda (RL) 2 Years Ago
Rated 3 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 hours ago
You didn't read what I said, Rampa -- you can't change the FACE color.  You can change the color of the body to MATCH the face, but if the face color is off in the original image you are stuck.

Alienware Aurora R7, Win 10, i7-8700k, 4.7GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, GTX Titan XP (12GB), Samsung 960 Pro 2TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
vidi
vidi
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (25.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I think it is at the end the same like DAZ face tranfer that is shipped for free in a limited Light version in Studio .
The results in these Demoversion are already promising. 
You can not use High Res img in the light version and you can only generate with watermarks.
I'm curious what it costs at RL
At DAZ with PC member not much 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi
http://vididoll.de/1grafik/promoforum.png

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
Kelleytoons (10/28/2019)
You didn't read what I said, Rampa -- you can't change the FACE color.  You can change the color of the body to MATCH the face, but if the face color is off in the original image you are stuck.

Also, note that while you *could* edit the original photo beforehand, it's a LOT easier to adjust the color of the entire avatar if you had the ability to use a color chooser (or -- in addition -- an eyedropper tool) to pick a color for the whole body.  INCLUDING the face.  Photos are often shot in lighting which is difficult to tell whether it's got good color or not until you actually create the head (and then it's too late).  Would be a simple process to allow such a color changer to also affect the face (with perhaps a checkbox to turn it on or off as desired).

Alienware Aurora R7, Win 10, i7-8700k, 4.7GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, GTX Titan XP (12GB), Samsung 960 Pro 2TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
KT - I agree with what you are saying about the matching body texture probably needing more than just a simple auto-hue match.
The demo images look to show a quite toonish non-detailed body underneath a rather detailed head.
Even if the color hue matches that of the head, it will look 'off', without a complimentary bit of detail.

RL - 2 ideas for HeadShot Excellence
(1) Reference image for defining Color-Balance
(2) Detail for Body, obtained by a tiling of a user-selected section of the face texture (like a Micro Normal tile)

For the Love of FaceFilter, please include these.
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (24.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.3K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
vidi (10/28/2019)
I think it is at the end the same like DAZ face tranfer that is shipped for free in a limited Light version in Studio .

I hope it is better than that. The DAZ faces look blotchy to me and the textures lack detail.

@Tony. Thanks for the explanation. So your idea is to be able to balance the photo before creating the face.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1f3bed13-1788-45e1-9ace-4fd0.jpg

vidi
vidi
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (25.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
 die Texturen sind nicht detailgetreu

The Texture can only be so good like the resource footage . 
There is no option in the world that make ugly things better with a fingertip

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi
http://vididoll.de/1grafik/promoforum.png

GrannyJ
GrannyJ
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
animagic (10/23/2019)

I'm retired now, so I have time on my hands...Unsure

There is a post from Peter that mentions the intent of an improved Create Face feature to be part of iClone 6.3 here: https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost251878.aspx

For those interested in history, there is an endless thread about the eventual implementation involving CT8 Pipeline: https://forum.reallusion.com/259629/CrazyTalk-8-Pipeline-and-iC6-Photo-to-3D-Head-Discussion.

At this point, it's all water under the bridge, as it is now almost four years later...Blink:

Job-
Thanks for the reminders of past intentions/promises never fulfilled.  It is truly water under the bridge at this point & has happened so often that I have adopted a doubting Thomas stance with RL- a/k/a "I'll believe it when I see it" .
I have also "retired" - now I only do things I choose to do, how I want to do them & when I feel like doing them. I still prefer 3dsmax over CC for creating custom characters - I have the freedom to create anything I want (including the rigging & base mesh), selling the fbx to anyone. 

iClone Certified Content Developer and Author of the Pinky Frink® Adventure Series & the Pinky Frink® Learning Books
site: Granny J's 3D Attic SKYPE = grannyjsplace email: grannyj@grannyjs3dattic.com
MY RIG: GPU: Dual GeForce GTX 970M | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-5930K @3.50GHz| 32.00 GB RAM | OS: Win 7 Pro SP1 | DX11

animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (24.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.3K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
GrannyJ (10/29/2019)
I still prefer 3dsmax over CC for creating custom characters - I have the freedom to create anything I want (including the rigging & base mesh), selling the fbx to anyone. 

Granny, I'm not clever enough to create characters from scratch (I discovered early on that that is not something I want to do), so for me CC and all its bells and whistles has been a great tool that I enjoy using. The DAZ Transformer option has allowed me to use the DAZ FaceGen plugin for creating faces as an alternative to CT8.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1f3bed13-1788-45e1-9ace-4fd0.jpg

Edited
2 Years Ago by animagic
ams707
ams707
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (662 reputation)Veteran Member (662 reputation)Veteran Member (662 reputation)Veteran Member (662 reputation)Veteran Member (662 reputation)Veteran Member (662 reputation)Veteran Member (662 reputation)Veteran Member (662 reputation)Veteran Member (662 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I was planning on a Day 1 buy if Headshot but these stupid Sonoma County🔥s blew through my software budget with spoiled food and apocalypse shopping. And I’ve lost 2 weeks of production on a really tight budget for my short film. I was planning on repopulating the cast with Headshots of the voice actors but I will just use custom cc3s for now.
raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: Last Year
and how much for this plugin?

Reading This Topic