[Before Launch] Headshot Gallery

Posted By Miranda (RL) 2 Years Ago
Rated 3 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (70.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (70.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (70.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (70.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (70.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (70.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (70.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (70.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (70.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
pwnz7321 (10/23/2019)
I think what you are talking about is the Digital Human Shader for Character Creator and iClone.
This looks to be different then The HD Skin Generator since in the post it mentions it is one of the reasons the HD Skin Generator has been delayed.

The Digital Human Shader is coming as part of the iClone 7.7 and Character Creator 3.2 updates scheduled for late November.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

rogyru
rogyru
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
This looks interesding look forward to its release
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
The headshots look amazing! The plugin seems promising.  Will you post some videos with animate facial so we can really see the final render video quality?  

Intel I7 6850K 3.6 with MSI X99 SLI plus , GTX 1080,  32Gb Ram , 1 TB Samsung Pro M.2 SSD
midix
midix
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (499 reputation)Senior Member (499 reputation)Senior Member (499 reputation)Senior Member (499 reputation)Senior Member (499 reputation)Senior Member (499 reputation)Senior Member (499 reputation)Senior Member (499 reputation)Senior Member (499 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
So, if HD skins and wrinkle morphs are coming in Q1 next year, this means that Headshot generated results will be low definition and without wrinkles BigGrin 
Just kidding, most probably it will depend totally on the quality of the photo.

Wondering, if Headshot will help with bump maps for those skin details that can be deduced from the photo? What if the photo is not the best quality / low resolution - will the result also look blurry?

It would be nice to also have some hair / beard generation helping tools, otherwise we'll have to look for assets that match the reference photo as closely as possible or spend lots of time designing hair cards manually.

Anyway, I'm excited and hope that my hopes will not be too high. At least I won't have to buy CT8 for photo->3d feature alone.
Edited
2 Years Ago by midix
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
@Miranda-
it could have something like this (below), where you would on-screen compare it to the default CC3 base. 
And then you could have sliders underneath the image (like you dio in texture adjustment in iClone and CC3), for Image-Balance: (1) brightness, (2) contrast, (3) saturation, and (4) hue.

So, in this example, I think the (1) Brightness, (2) Contrast, and (3) Saturation actually match CC3 base pretty well.  But, I would probably adjust the (4) Hue a bit more red to match CC3's tone...
That way, if I color-correct later, or add LUT to the scene, the character is in-sync with everything else in scene (other avatars, props, hair, clothing, wtc.)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/befa0c92-5b60-4900-8b70-b9a4.png

Now, I may want to leave it too, and that's fine, say if I want this character to have a less red hue to his skin 
But see, we could now have a very good option to balance the character 'in-scene' right from the start.  And, this will especially be useful if the photo is much more different in its white-point coloring/brightness.

On another note - forget the textures....the mesh conversion looks awesome!!!!
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)

Last Active: 44 minutes ago
Headshot is a tear-off window. Note that it is the name of the tab in the top green bar. So you could adjust the skin with the Headshot window floating on your screen as well. So adjusting the skin color instead of the image color.
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)

Rampa (10/27/2019)
Headshot is a tear-off window. Note that it is the name of the tab in the top green bar. So you could adjust the skin with the Headshot window floating on your screen as well. So adjusting the skin color instead of the image color.

No floaty-window action, to me that would be too messy of a process. 
I think you are proposing a workaround to something I am imagining....a Theoretic-Workaround...Very nice!
Indeed - that was very UE4 of you to suggest multiple windows all over the place...
ARGH!  

But anyway, my idea is that it will be all contained on-screen in the plugin so that you can calibrate to an already existing avatar texture very neatly on the spot, at the beginning. 
By default it could be CC3 base texture, but maybe you could load in any default calibration texture you chose.   
Or, you could even set to Bypass a calibration texture, if you don't want to use...like, say if you wanted to use some crazy floating-window reference image instead Tongue 
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

So
(1) -HD Skin Generator- is the thing that lets you design the skin, and that is Q1 2020...
and then
(2) -Digital Human Shader for CC3 and iClone- is the addition of additional texture channels, and that is Nov 2019

Right?

With the Digital Human Shader, I am noticing that it is named "Human"...
But, will all textures benefit from these added channels, say if I want to create a prop with SSS and Micro Normal?
In other words, will then enhancements be universal to all texture implementation, or just for avatar skin textures!?  
Because I want it for ALL textures!!! 
Props, Hair, Eyes, and Clothing!!!
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)

Last Active: 44 minutes ago
So the UI was made to have tabs for the different windows. You can tear any tab off and dock it to either side, or the same side in a new section. So you can actually have Headshot right above the modify panel on the same side and hover over the texture in the modify panel to show both the skin textures and the Headshot image simultaneously.

Not a workaround at all, actually. Wink
JaffaDave
JaffaDave
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
mr_vidius (10/25/2019)
JaffaDave (10/25/2019)
I've been waiting for this type of functionality for a long time. I have a feeling the price will be high for this plug-in.

Oh don't worry about that. an arm, or leg, is nothing these days. just pray they don't demand your soul.. or even require you 
to have some "pipeline" to be able to use it. w00t

vidius

ha ha ha I already sold my soul to buy all the plug-ins.

-Dave

Reading This Topic