Profile Picture

Audio recorded is not synced with Live Face even using ethernet adapter

Posted By Kelleytoons 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Audio recorded is not synced with Live Face even using ethernet...

Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 hours ago
The video says it all:

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Scyra
Scyra
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi, Mike! I just got the ethernet adapter as well. I'm getting some really amazing results during my Preview rehearsals. I haven't yet successfully output it to do the Collect Clip, or whatever (only gave it one half-hearted attempt)...to be honest I don't know much about iClone yet. I had to disable the PC wifi and  of course put the phone on Airplane Mode to get it working right, but are you at least getting good results during the Preview?

CC3 & Daz Tricks | CC3 to Unity workflow

3dtester
3dtester
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
That's trange. Normally i would say the Ethernet connection should work better than Wi-Fi.
However, since it is an external adaptor, there might be a problem with the device latency introduced by the driver / OS.
If you didn't upgrade to the latest iOS, it may be worth trying (make a backup first).

Edited
5 Years Ago by 3dtester
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Oh, I'm ALWAYS on the latest of any OS, especially iOS.

I just think this is a "iClone recording audio" thing.  It just may take that long to translate into visemes.  I don't think the ethernet connection with the phone helps or hurts in this regard.  I actually even posted a tutorial/video about this a year ago when doing it via wi-fi, but I thought ethernet would change things.  It doesn't.

It would be interesting to hear from the devs but, alas, that's unlikely.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
5 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Scyra (10/20/2019)
Hi, Mike! I just got the ethernet adapter as well. I'm getting some really amazing results during my Preview rehearsals. I haven't yet successfully output it to do the Collect Clip, or whatever (only gave it one half-hearted attempt)...to be honest I don't know much about iClone yet. I had to disable the PC wifi and  of course put the phone on Airplane Mode to get it working right, but are you at least getting good results during the Preview?

You don't need to disable your PCs wifi -- if the iPhone isn't receiving wi-fi the PC state has no effect one way or the other.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Kelleytoons (10/20/2019)

It would be interesting to hear from the devs but, alas, that's unlikely.

Hi KT... I will pass on your feedback and video to the dev team so they can check the issue. I'll update again when I have more information.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks, Peter.  It would be nice to get some feedback from them.

Overall, though, after recording some very long passages I am pleased with using ethernet to connect.  The sync (once adjusted, as I do here, by 20 frames) does hold even after three or four minutes, which was NOT the case using wi-fi.  So I think I'll just use this as my standard connection now.  

Doing a manual adjustment isn't at all difficult or onerous but because most folks won't understand it they will get poor results without a clue as to how to fix.  At the very least it should be addressed in the manual.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
argus1000
argus1000
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Hi Mike,

In settings, on my iPad Pro with a depth camera, I have the Wifi options and everything works. I can capture with Live face and Motion Live. No problem. However, I can't get the USB connection to work (apparently you need the cellular hotspot option for that).

And I don't have the Ethernet option in settings either. How can I get this option to show up. It doesn't say in the manual. Thanks.

My latest movie THE GOLDEN MAN, and a few othershttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIl1EqVCKitZzLqaNnLK0BA
Edited
5 Years Ago by argus1000
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

https://mocap.reallusion.com/iclone-motion-live-mocap/LIVE_FACE-Ethernet_Connection_Guide.pdf

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
AllenLee (RL)
AllenLee (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Mike and everyone,

I checked the MotionLive. This is really a problem.
In fact, the recording function of Motion Live is based on the recording device in the PC.
So it doesn't matter how the iPhone is connected to the computer.

This problem is actually caused by the delay time when MotionLive enables your computer's recording device.
The latency of each computer may be different, it may be 40ms, 60ms or 120ms.
(different recording devices may also affect the latency.)

The delay time should be measurable and the delay time can be the start time of the vimeme clip.
I will fix this problem in the next version of MotionLive.

Allen Lee

Reading This Topic