Posted By Ola(RL) 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Cartoon Animator for macOS 10.15 Catalina

Author
Ola(RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Dear Cartoon Animator Mac Users (2019/10/23)

Although the promised time of Cartoon Animator 4.1 (CTA 4.1) for macOS 10.15 Catalina is in mid November, it is LIVE NOW.
Reallusion put all resources into the development to respond to the massive requests of CTA 4.1 for macOS.

Just Upgrade and Enjoy!

Don't know how to upgrade? Click here to see the step-by-step illustration.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Cartoon Animator Mac Users (2019/10/17)

After Apple released macOS 10.15 Catalina, it caused notable compatibility issues for many software.
Unfortunately, Cartoon Animator (CTA) is one of them.
Reallusion recommends that you may want to remain on current version of macOS until these issues have been resolved.
If you had already upgraded, following are the issues you may encounter and our plan to relieve them for you.

• Current Issues
    • Mac APP Store: If you purchased CTA on Mac APP Store, there are significant chances that you will not be able to access "Embed Contents" and "Saved Projects" or even suffer from unexpected crashes.
    • Reallusion Store: If you purchased CTA through Reallusion web store, this version is performing relatively stable under macOS 10.15. However, you still may suffer from unexpected crashes. 

• Plan for Mac
    • Reallusion had already applied for the "trusted certificates" of Apple to make CTA function stable. However, we are not sure the exact time it may take for Apple to process our request. As soon as CTA is certified, we will provide you with a normally functioning v4.1.

Best Regards,
Reallusion, Cartoon Animator Team

Edited
3 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
Ola(RL)
Ola(RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)

Hello CTA Mac Users,

Cartoon Animator 4.1 (CTA 4.1) for macOS 10.15 Catalina is LIVE NOW.
thomasway
thomasway
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
The page you linked to shows how to BUY or PAY for an upgrade for a product but I don't see anything about doing the free upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1. It's shown if you know where to look but it's not explained at all.

To upgrade you have to be logged in and go to Registration on your Profile page. Then click on Download as if you are downloading your purchased product again. Only then will you see you are downloading 4.1. All the references to Upgrade are for people who have other versions like Pro and must pay to upgrade. And the file you download doesn't say 4.1 either. Geesh!

It's titled  CTA4_Pipeline_Enu_mac.pkg 

Just like 4.0.

Why couldn't there be a simple link to upgrade for registered users that clearly indicates you are getting a free upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1?

thomasway
thomasway
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I just tried to upgrade to 4.1 but the installer says I need to uninstall 4.0 first.

That seems odd. Why wouldn't the installer simply uninstall the old version, if that was necessary?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Last Active: 24 minutes ago
thomasway (10/24/2019)
I just tried to upgrade to 4.1 but the installer says I need to uninstall 4.0 first.

That seems odd. Why wouldn't the installer simply uninstall the old version, if that was necessary?

Are you trying to install the full version of Cartoon Animator 4.1? If you have version 4 installed then you only need to update to 4.1. The best way to do this is using the Reallusion Hub. Once you have signed into the Hub you will see an Updates tab where you should be able to update CTA4 to version 4.1.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

rjj1234
rjj1234
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Peter,  I'd like to purchase an upgrade to CA 4 and I'd love to know if I would need to purchase the Pipeline Bundle if I already own

LIVE FACE Profile for Motion LIVE Plug-in  - (Will that take care of the facial 2D mocap using my iPhone 10 or
will I need the CA 4 Pipeline Bundle to get facial mocap for CA 4.) Thanks a lot!

Robert Jaffe
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

rjj1234 (10/27/2019)
Peter,  I'd like to purchase an upgrade to CA 4 and I'd love to know if I would need to purchase the Pipeline Bundle if I already own LIVE FACE Profile for Motion LIVE Plug-in  - (Will that take care of the facial 2D mocap using my iPhone 10 or will I need the CA 4 Pipeline Bundle to get facial mocap for CA 4.) Thanks a lot!

Hi...

To be able to use facial mocap in Cartoon Animator 4 you will need Motion LIVE 2D. This includes Face3D which is motion capture solution using your webcam. However if you wish to use your iPhone 10 for mocap instead of a webcam, then you won't need to purchase the LIVE FACE profile again as you will be entitled to the Motion LIVE 2D version for free.

So if you want the full featured Pipeline version of Cartoon Animator 4 + Facial Mocap then the upgrade bundle below will be ideal.

Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline - Facial Mocap Bundle
https://www.reallusion.com/store/product.html?l=1&p=cta

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

williamcastano59
williamcastano59
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)

What I did was opening CTA 4.0 and then check for an update, it led me to the update page on reallusion, that was easy and it didn´t ask me to erase the last installed.
rjj1234
rjj1234
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Hi Peter,  I missed your reply til just now. Thanks!  Two somewhat related questions:  I'm guessing that as some iClone motions etc can be used in CTA4 if might be more convenient to run CTA 4 from a Windows system than the Mac version ( I have both) If you agree I'll gladly purchase the Windows Pipeline bundle. 

The other question is whether you know if there might be a way of importing a 2D graphic ; (a psd image of a statue) and somehow combining or "compositing" it with a Character Creator figure to somehow "dimensionalize" that "flat" statue so that I can use it in iClone and make it look gigantic and looming down over/leaning down over a relatively tiny human figure.  I know I could "sculpt" the back or the entire statue and make it 3d using Z-brush or Blender - if I had the time and skill to learn them, but I'm hoping there might be a faster/easier method.

Thanks a lot!
Robert
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

rjj1234 (11/1/2019)
Hi Peter,  I missed your reply til just now. Thanks!  Two somewhat related questions:  I'm guessing that as some iClone motions etc can be used in CTA4 if might be more convenient to run CTA 4 from a Windows system than the Mac version ( I have both) If you agree I'll gladly purchase the Windows Pipeline bundle. 

The other question is whether you know if there might be a way of importing a 2D graphic ; (a psd image of a statue) and somehow combining or "compositing" it with a Character Creator figure to somehow "dimensionalize" that "flat" statue so that I can use it in iClone and make it look gigantic and looming down over/leaning down over a relatively tiny human figure.  I know I could "sculpt" the back or the entire statue and make it 3d using Z-brush or Blender - if I had the time and skill to learn them, but I'm hoping there might be a faster/easier method.

Thanks a lot!
Robert

Hi Robert

If you plan to work with iClone as well, then I would advise purchasing the Windows version of Cartoon Animator 4. This will make it easy to switch between programs.

Regarding your second question, I'm not entirely clear what you mean, but if you want be able to take a 2D image and turn it into a full bodied 3D character in Character Creator then that isn't possible. You can however import 2D images into iClone as planes or billboards (always facing the camera). To do this just right click and drag the image into iClone and then choose either Plane or Billboard. You will then have a static prop that you could scale to make it larger than the other characters in your scene.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic