My Hometown Lookout

Posted By Delerna 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Delerna
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thought I might show something I am currently working on and starting to get close to finishing it. 
I am mostly using photos on simple 3D models such as iClones planes for the grounds and background trees.
Also using some simple cubes I have made that enables different textures on each of their faces for the buildings etc.
The full 3d models are only all the trees, the car and the 5 characters. Need to look into it more but iClone says it is only using 2.2 GB.

Here is an image of the whole scene, 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fd64b49f-861f-43d1-b2b5-200c.png

Here is a video of a man and woman driving up the mountain to the lookout and then walking along to look at my home town.
Still working on it to make the main building so the people can then go inside and buy some food/drinks and sit down and eat.
Oh, and the animations are very simple at the moment because I am mostly working on creating the models and scene at the moment

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
5 Years Ago by Delerna
charly Rama
charly Rama
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Looks good and very promising Delema . I'm doing the same thing to recreate exact real environnements. Keep this way, you 'll achieve a really good work

Delerna
Delerna
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Charly...….. no not me....you rock and you know that.
Lol, just an old statement that I got reminded of in a cartoon movie called …. Cars    (the first 1 is the only one I love with all the actions in the old root 66 town)

Anyway, my real point I am trying to say is yes, I needed a small break from my workflow with what I showed here and came to this forum and I saw your Sunset scene and loved it
Was going to make a comment how awesome it looked ….. but my head was so blocked with working on my hometown lookout I missed doing it.
The thing for me is, yes, we certainly need a software that works well but in reality its the skill of the person using whichever software it is that they prefer to use. Their skill is what makes good videos and I have seen a few things showing your skill.

Want to thank you for your comment, you confirm the thoughts I am having for this scene. Still got a bit to do to finish its look but felt like showing it already so ended up posting it.
Not the only reason but my biggest reason I posted it (and my other posts) is to show some methods I have used in case it might give some other people an idea…..just like I sometimes get idea's from seeing what several other people post.

Oh, by the way, I see how my internet name looks like Delema through the text here.
But its   actually     D E L E R N A.    Lol ..... I invented this name because I see my self    as      The  Learner     because I never want to stop learning until after I die.
Although its annoying getting old because learning new things is nowhere near as easy as it used to be when I was younger.....yuk....I still keep trying though.

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
5 Years Ago by Delerna

Reading This Topic