Hide and Seek with Tarpa and Calvin

Posted By 0Calvin 5 Years Ago
Rated 4 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
0Calvin
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (927 reputation)Veteran Member (927 reputation)Veteran Member (927 reputation)Veteran Member (927 reputation)Veteran Member (927 reputation)Veteran Member (927 reputation)Veteran Member (927 reputation)Veteran Member (927 reputation)Veteran Member (927 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month

A music video featuring Tarpa and Calvin (from the book Zero Calvin) playing hide and seek inside an abandoned mansion.

Characters based on the novel Zero Calvin by Brian Cramer
Animation done in iClone by Brian Cramer
Some animations are from the Mixamo library: https://www.mixamo.com

Music by Ho-ong-i
Lyrics and Vocals by Lizz Robinette
( Original version of the video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-YNNJIe2Vk )

Support Lizz by shopping at her store: https://lizzrobinett.storenvy.com
Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/0calvin

Read more about Tarpa and Calvin in the novel Zero Calvin (or check out one of my other books):
https://www.amazon.com/Brian-Cramer/e/B07W3JRBK1
Walt_R
Walt_R
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Very nicely done. Excellent characters, sets and lighting and camera work. I especially liked the silhouette in the window. Female avatar was very attractive. Is she a Daz character? Also I liked the look of her hair, is that from iClone? I wish you much success with your novel. BigGrin
0Calvin
0Calvin
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (927 reputation)Veteran Member (927 reputation)Veteran Member (927 reputation)Veteran Member (927 reputation)Veteran Member (927 reputation)Veteran Member (927 reputation)Veteran Member (927 reputation)Veteran Member (927 reputation)Veteran Member (927 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Walt_R,
Thank you very much for the positive feedback. Considering that I used this project as a way to learn iClone, I'm pretty happy with it too.

Both of the characters are "custom" Daz characters in that they are a mix of a few different Daz characters and other morph sliders. After I grew annoyed at Daz's animation interface, I imported them into Character Creator 3 Pipeline. The male was developed further in CC3 but the female was fine as-is. I did find that I had to darken the textures to both to get them to look less doll-like.

The hair is also originally from Daz. It was imported into iClone (using CC3) and given softcloth physics. I'm still trying to get the hang of properly weight mapping the hair and controlling it's interaction with the character's collision shapes. It seems very touchy to get just the right amount of grey in just the right spots. It is on my long list of things to learn more about.

Thank you for the well-wishing of my novel. It is actually an older book from 2003, but the audiobook version of it will be out in about two or three weeks so I'm hoping to re-kindle some interest in it.
pedrosura
pedrosura
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Oh, those early MTV days with Music videos....Nostalgia... Nicely done
ffzigor
ffzigor
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Enjoyed it. Keep up the good work!
james_muia
james_muia
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hey great first video! Good lighting and set design for sure.

A couple things: When the girl is walking down the hallway, no one usually has their fingers straight out like she does..Give them a little curl or animate them straight and bent a little to simulate a real person as they walk.

The other thing was her eyes, they looked weird at the end when peaking through the closet, was that intentional? hah.

IMDB: James Muia
Aviticus Dragon on YouTube

Computer Specs:
Intel® Core™ i7-7820X Processor (8x 4.30GHz/11MB L3 Cache)
Corsair Hydro Series H115i 280mm
Liquid CPU CoolerASUS ROG STRIX X299-E Gaming Motherboard
32 GB DDR4-3200 GSKILL Ripjaws V Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti - 11GB - EVGA FTW3

Reading This Topic