Shoulders slouching

Posted By 3dtester 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
3dtester
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
4u2ges (10/15/2019)
I can give a final tip on confirming shoes for CC1 > CC3 converts. It is bizarre.

Shoes applied to freshly converted CC1 > CC3 (wonder where those were imported from? w00t)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/370ac9b0-6dce-4ea0-ae03-5d83.jpg

Calculate Collision does very little here and I am not even bother to run it.
Instead, change ANY body/head slider a notch and back. Shoes are now almost perfectly confirmed.
Note: you have to do it every time you apply a new shoes to the character converted from CC1

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ecbb8643-fed6-444c-89eb-8dde.jpg

Congrats 4u2ges, of course it works for me too.
Now a bunch of shoes suddenly are usable Smile

I wonder how you always come up with solutions to even the weirdest problems w00t
Your skills are invaluable.

Edited
5 Years Ago by 3dtester
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Glad it worked for you too Smile

And here is FT 6346 for it.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
3dtester (10/13/2019)

However, it seems that there's a problem that also exists with DAZ characters that are converted throught CC3 transformer:
- The shoulders droop. This happens with almost any motions i apply on those avatars.

Can you confirm which generation of Daz characters has this problem? From our testing we can see an issue with G8 characters but G3 characters seem fine. Is this your experience too?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/646e9001-b2db-4631-9879-9279.png

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
5 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

3dtester (10/14/2019)

RL, why don't you make the RLHead feature compatible with CC3 / iClone 7 (Crazy Talk being another product that seems to die).
I bought CT8 for the head creation feature and it is broken because you didn't find it necessary to update your software as you promise.
So i am stuck with the broken CC1 to CC3 conversion, which caused me many hours and a lot of frustration until i found out the reason.

Unfortunately there are no plans to make CT8 RLHeads compatible with Character Creator 3 avatars, but of course we soon have the Headshot plugin available for CC3 which will replace the current CT8 pipeline.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

4u2ges (10/14/2019)[hr

That might be good solution overall. But I hope it is temporary until RL comes up with permanent fix.

Time to be picky about something else now. Hehe I should've probably created another thread but anyway...

This keeps bugging for a long time! Cloth/Shoes Confirm. With all the bells and whistles new "Confirm" has to offer in CC3, I do not like it a bit.
The core is not working as I expect it to work. Here is an example off the top of my head about shoes. This is a Low Heel Sandals form Essential pack.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9088da80-78c4-45ea-bee3-d914.jpg

1. In CC 2 applied to the base model. Tight and neat fit.

2. In CC3 applied to the base model. There is not much difference in the feet shape between CC1 and CC3 base. Why are they loose? Nothing I can do here to make them tight.

3. Brought CC1 base to iClone (from CC2), sent it to CC3, Opened "Confirm" and disabled it. Saved the shoes. Opened default project and loaded saved shoes.

This is the only way I can have those shoes fit tight in CC3. Is that normal?
On top of all, if I enable Confirm now and save them, next time I apply those shoes they would be loose again.

Shoes would also get loose if I just move "Increase Size" slider a notch up and back to 0.

I think the minimum value for "Increase Size" slider is messed up and needs fixing!

Just to let you know this has been logged and the plan is to fix it in a future update. Thanks for reporting it.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic