Profile Picture

importing daz G3 G8 with animation baked to timeline into cc3 or IClone7?

Posted By davev 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

importing daz G3 G8 with animation baked to timeline into cc3 or...

Author
davev
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
When i export a fbx with animation baked to the timeline from daz3d - i seem to lose the animation thru the transformer process in CC3 and also no animation in iClone 7
are there current tutorials that cover this? All I could find are old ones that use 3DExchange - and I can't help but think hat with these upgrades to cc3 and iclone i hope there is a smoother process?
I can export the animation (which are daz aniblocks baked to the timeline) either as a fbx or bvh, but when it gets to any iclone product i have no animation?
thanks

Edit post: OK,  This is what I had to do: Export the FBX animation from daz3d ( a existing Aniblock in the timeline ) baked. Then export (FBX) my character to cc3 import using transformer for daz. Export the cc3 character (FBX) to Motionbuilder, where i had to characterize the skeleton ( I know have a cc3 Preset ) . Retarget the FBX animation from Daz to the cc3 character in motionbuilder. All works well at this point. My CC3 (in reality my daz character is animated in motionbuilder with the Aniblock-fbx from daz. BUT, I cannot for the life of me get this charcter back into iclone to animate in a scene..... I can send it to 3DS max and do whatever i want... why in the world can't i get it back into iclone?
Also, I sure wish some could write a script/program to capture daz fbx animation and convert it to iclone animation.....because this is a very time consuming workflow to get that result.
And I can export the fbx from Motionbuilder, import into Unreal, retarget the animation (Again) to a unreal skeleton and I am all set to animate and create a scene in unreal4. So I am thinking maybe i don't need iclone for the final result...but it would be nice to be able to use iclone this way that was the intent for the purchase.
Edited
5 Years Ago by davev

Reading This Topic