GPU-Wind Water & Skin Vertex...

Posted By Ascensi 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Ascensi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
The overall concept:
These Vertex shaders are greatly needed tool for automation and realism
iClone already has wind but this is about applying things like gravity and forces/wind to the displaced vertices as an option for specific displacement materials.  
Perhaps it could be driven by procedural noise or a texture to define a particular pattern.
-Wind mode for tessellated plants, Curtains/cloth/fire, and creature displaced fur. By default the wind shader with 0 wind would apply gravity at full. Wind blowing gentle would have variable hot spots, wind at full could cause ripples and waves.

-Water mode settings use for fuzzy/foamy displaced waterfalls whereby the fuzziness/foam vertex is scattered by wind , ocean surface for things like helicopters etc but also could be used as a soft body physics for jelly like creatures or create ripples or real-time physics. If used on waterfalls imagine a vertical plane and where the wind is blowing creates more water flow. This brings me to another point "wind occlusion/masking" -helicopters on water via interference pattern/alpha. The water surface in general could be more influenced in real time with ripples and or large waves.. foam at designated areas assigned by an alpha.. perhaps the user can draw a line/circle in a texture map mask area and a procedural noise texture channel (bake-able) could fill in the mask.  
Could be applied for skin, couches for when characters sit etc.

Vote for this on the Feedback Tracker
Additional controls:
On/off button to freeze the shader frame from animating.
Global speed -make your video look like it's time-lapsed or in slow motion -this could be an interesting effect with mocap.

I've already made a suggestion on the feedback tracker for soft body physics for character skin based on the character's default weight map and this kind of relates to the same category but this would be a variant effecting mainly the pushed out vertices to apply forces, gravity etc.
In my ocean test below, it's displaced, if it were to have some animated or procedural texture scheme it could be used to drive waves in any shape! -Surfing, choppy water/riptides,whirlpools, etc could all be possible.

I have created big rolling waves using a different/tedious method but it works! but wont be as real as using the vertex idea I described. I'm currently rendering the updated scene with waves.

Any this is my Grizzly bear, a work in progress -soon to be added to the Marketplace, it's almost finished but I'd love the vertex shader to be able to influence his fur all scattered and have gravity effect it as well.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8a03089d-ccc2-4e7e-a1b8-6192.jpg

I still have to fix the ears, add wetness to the nose and mouth do more clean-up in general. With the vertex shader details so far as floppy lip skin could be possible..and we all want floppy lip skin right?I still have to fix the ears, add wetness to the nose and mouth do more clean-up in general. With the vertex shader details so far as floppy lip skin could be possible..and we all want floppy lip skin right? BigGrinWink
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7e0baa12-f37b-439c-bb3f-87ba.png

Store Page Link 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/906a14b0-c792-4382-99ee-7dfe.jpg
AMD 4.5 GHz 16 Cores  | 128 GB | RTX 4090 | Window11 | Houdini FX 18.5 | Zbrush 2023 | Maya 2014 | Adobe CS6 | Sonar Producer X3 | iC8, CC4 | DTS Master Audio Suite | Perception Neuron 32 Alum Edition | Akeytsu 

Edited
5 Years Ago by Ascensi

Reading This Topic