Profile Picture

MOTION CLIP IS NOT ENOUGH AND IT IS FRUSTRATING. I WANT TO BE A PROFESSIONAL ANIMATOR.

Posted By Pitapan 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

MOTION CLIP IS NOT ENOUGH AND IT IS FRUSTRATING. I WANT TO BE A...

Author
Pitapan
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (810 reputation)Veteran Member (810 reputation)Veteran Member (810 reputation)Veteran Member (810 reputation)Veteran Member (810 reputation)Veteran Member (810 reputation)Veteran Member (810 reputation)Veteran Member (810 reputation)Veteran Member (810 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I have been using Iclone for the past 5 years. I started with Iclone 5.2
My attraction to Iclone is the simplicity.
Someone laughed at me on Instagram that I am using a COPY and PASTE Program because I can't make my own motions.
I need to rely on pre-made motions and the rest.
Truth be said, I used to call myself an animator, but what is an animator if he does not know what the 12 principles of animation and apply them?
Then ICLONE came with Curve Editor. I was excited about it, not because I know how to use it, but because  I have read about the importance of curve editing for a real professional animator.
There are many motion clips in the market including Mixamo library, but they are not enough for a customized job.
I want to make my own unique motions like a real professional.
I get irritated when I see iclone videos on Youtube. I see same motions, same character, same clothing.
So what am I saying?
How can I make my own professional Character animation using the Character Editing and  Curve Editor?
I want to know how to move from Step to spline professionally.
I hope I am making sense to someone.

ultimativity
This post has been flagged as an answer
ultimativity
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I decided to go with the iPhoneX and LiveFace solution for expressions. What I have found in filmmaking is that that most of my camera shots are close to medium. Therefore, very little of the body actually needs to be animated. Just as building an entire residential block to get a shot in a character's driveway is unnecessary. 

For full body animation, I use motion clips and tweak them with Edit Motion Layer, as others in this thread have mentioned. Some vendors sell motions for NPCs, such as at a concert or out on the city streets. In Unity and other game engines, there are AI based solutions. Increasingly, old style keyframing is being replaced either by motion clips or by AI based animations. 

Nathan

Dragonskunk
This post has been flagged as an answer
Dragonskunk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Someone recently at a Blender convention said something profound about animation, you are not animating a rig you are animating a character.
People tend to get caught up on the tech and forget that the tech doesn't matter. Iclone gets the job done. What really matters in animation is, once you are past the 12 steps, is personality. Everything about the character's movements tells something about the character. When you want a character to run you don't just slap a run.iMotion on it you transform the run until it has its own style that goes with the character's personality.

All Imotions are unflavored so add flavor to them.
The personality is part of the story you are telling. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f8b4a0cb-3b22-4fc7-8c88-7997.gif

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f0d5a6aa-f907-4e06-b7ab-3cc3.jpg

Reading This Topic