If you are tired of constantly editing the IP address

Posted By Kelleytoons 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 hours ago
First of all, disclaimers: I ain't responsible if this screws up your system.  While I can't imagine this could do anything you could backup/recover from, you do this at your own risk.

I was VERY tired of having to re-enter my IP address for my iPhone every single @#$@ time I brought up LiveFace.  It already HAS an IP address in there (and, dare I say it, it's most likely the IP of the dev who got tired entering it again and again as well) so I knew that was being stored somewhere.  However, the possibility it might be in an .EXE or .BIN which might also have a checksum (and thus no real way to edit without it not working anymore) did occur to me.  I had asked (nicely) RL before about this and got no response, so I did a little digging this morning.

The relevant file is called liveface.pyd and is located in iClone7/Bin64/OpenPlugin/MotionLIVE/script/module.  If you edit this file with, say, Notepad++ (it appears to be a text file) and search for 172.20 (the start of the default IP address) you'll see the IP address there.  Put your own for your own phone (it will always be the same and you can see it when you bring up the LiveFace app) and save the file under Administrative mode (also make sure iClone isn't running at the time).

Now -- you should also back this file up first (did I forget to mention that?  JK).  Just in case.  But it seems to work just fine, and will come up with your own IP address forever and ever.  Yea!!!  No more editing and I can just connect and get right to work.  Now if only RL would just separate this as an INI file (or just allow the plugin to save what you had entered) we wouldn't have to go through this.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Zkeko
Zkeko
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (536 reputation)Veteran Member (536 reputation)Veteran Member (536 reputation)Veteran Member (536 reputation)Veteran Member (536 reputation)Veteran Member (536 reputation)Veteran Member (536 reputation)Veteran Member (536 reputation)Veteran Member (536 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thanks Mike, very useful information, I will try this today. It seems that IP address is saved while you open-close projects, but forgotten after open-close Iclone only. And good suggestion for the RL guys to fix that in a future update.
By the way, I did what you suggested, went to Iphone x and Live Face, it is simple, although I am struggling with lips tweaking (particularly p,b,m lips touching)  It seems that whatever I change from -+ 0 in any settings, only global strength up is doing the job, but then you upscale every other nasty expression, too. It seems that global strength should stay around 25, and then you can exaggerate the global expression in Iclone, later on.
Still didn't figured out Set Zero Pose method and what can you get with it, because as I see, recorded expression (result) should be exact as actor looks at camera (which is Iphone in this case), and one shouldn't use Set Zero Pose to change that in any way. And when I use it with SZP off, its exactly right. I am placing Iphone in front (parallel) of the live actor face, by the way. Computer screen is way off, and my live actor is looking at Iphone, not at screen. Iphone has imaginary function of the other character that my live actor is talking to. Computer screen has nothing to do with the process, just for recording/settings functions.
Anyway, I just started, saved some settings profiles on the fly, and hope I will find best combination playing with it next few days/weeks.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Gigabyte X299 AORUS Gaming 3 Pro-CF
Intel Core i9-7920X 2.9 gh / Kraken X62 liquid cooler
Samsung SSD 500GB m2- system / WD SSD 2tb sata / Samsung SSD 2tb sata / Intel Optane memory 32gb
128 GB RAM Kingston Fury
GTX 1080 Ti  11GB
LG TV [Monitor] (72.3") 4K, set at 1862x1048, 60Hz (due to Iclone small font in 4k mode)
Windows 10 Home (x64), Iclone 7 , 3DXchange pipeline, Motion Live, Live Face/IphoneX
Edited
5 Years Ago by Zkeko
tomasz.agacki
tomasz.agacki
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (61 reputation)New Member (61 reputation)New Member (61 reputation)New Member (61 reputation)New Member (61 reputation)New Member (61 reputation)New Member (61 reputation)New Member (61 reputation)New Member (61 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thank You veru usefull !

Reading This Topic