Track and copy head animation

Posted By tbseo 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tbseo
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
 It would be nice if there was a way to take a 2d clip of someone talking and crop the head and then use markers to mark the head, eyes nose and mouth (similar to deepfacelab) and then track the head and facial movements and  apply it to the character.  
Even if it's nowhere near perfect I think it would make the animation way more realistic if I'm using the same speech track from the 2d movie. 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Faceware can do this.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
5 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
tbseo
tbseo
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Thanks. It looks useful.  I tried the trial but there doesn't seem to be any way to record anything without buying. 
If I wanted to use this for my purpose can I just buy the one iclone plugin?  
I browsed the website a little and I'm getting the impression I'm going to have to buy multiple programs just to do this one specific thing.  

Edited
5 Years Ago by tbseo
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

The total cost is around $1300 -- you will need Motion Live, the Faceware plugin, and the Faceware piece, but the last two are bundled together (actually, I think you can get all three together).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
tbseo
tbseo
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ya that sounds about right. Lol. 
For some reason when you're just a hobbyist and want to do one specific thing its always insanely expensive. 
With free deep learning apps coming out I can't see that business model lasting much longer. 
Are there any alternative programs that can at least make facial animation easier and more realistic?   I find it difficult in iclone for some reason.  I'm going to try doing the face and speech first with only my character in the scene in the default pose and then try and save it out and see if it's easier with less clutter. 

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

While it's true it's very expensive for a hobbyist, it's still incredibly cheap compared to what it used to be (I spent $3K on the DOS version of Max about 30 years ago, back when that kind of money could buy you a brand new car).

Elsewhere on this forum I made a thread about Papagayo, which enables you to do excellent lip sync easily and quickly (and free).  Start with that, add in some facial expressions (which you can do quickly), and you've already got more than we had for many, many decades.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
tbseo
tbseo
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks I'll look into it. 
Does iclone have a way of combining text and the audio track for better results?  I think I used to be able to do that with Mimic or some other program from years ago.
All I can seem to do in iclone is type the text and it adds that text with a generic voice I don't want and I can't seem to seperate that audio track and delete it. 
The text file gives much better results and I wanted to just reposition those vizemes under my own audio track. 
I tried doing the text file and then my audio file after on the timeline and then delete the vizemes my audio created and cut and paste the text vizemes and try to sync them but iclone does not like that at all.  
I have to paste the vizemes and then click on each one and reselect it or it won't register. Then at some point it always crashes. 

Thanks again. 

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Look at my thread on this (which has an improved script for this process).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
charly Rama
charly Rama
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
It's a pity because I've bought faceware, faceware plugin for Iclone , and I do no more use it , I use only live face with my iphone X. If transfer licence is possible, Y can sell it to  you for a price less less expensive but I 'm not sure it's possible.

tbseo
tbseo
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for the tutorial.  I'm going to give it a try. 
You mention using the number 42 for 24 frames per second.  I have no programming experience but do I need to use different numbers for 30, 50, and 60 fps? 
Hopefully I can figure out how to do this. 
I'm wondering if papagayo used to be that mimic program I used with poser. 

Reading This Topic