PopcornFX in IRAY?

Posted By pwnz7321 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
pwnz7321
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Will PopcornFX ever work with IRAY?
If so when is that slated to be released?
Also until that is a possibility what is the best alternative? I heard of FUSION 16 but would that work with an ICLONE 7 IRAY render?
If so does anyone know of a tutorial?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Unfortunately PopcornFX is not supported for use with Iray. While future versions may add support for PopcornFX, there is currently no timeframe for when or indeed if this will be viable.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
5 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
TucsonDoobie
TucsonDoobie
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Peter,

It seems to me that Reallusion's "bailing" on "IRay" issues with the Popcorn FX plug-in tells me the future of iClone is bleak to say the least. Why would I spend $900 for a plug-in to see iClone in Unreal? I might as well as bail on Reallusion and learn Unreal instead.

You also don't realize that a lot of us have a lot of money invested in "assets" that we "were lead to believe" would look wonderful in IRay, but obviously Reallusion has pretty much dismissed our issue as "trivial".

Thanks for "not caring enough" for your customers who have spent years working on iClone only to feel "cheated". To me, it would be worth it for Reallusion to solve these "long running issues" with "rendering engines".

I recently bought CTA 4, but I will hold back buying "extras" until this issue is resolved because if Reallusion "bails" on this issue, what else are they going to "bail" on later because it's too difficult.

...dave
Edited
5 Years Ago by BeeFlowerPower
hakzolot
hakzolot
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
BeeFlowerPower (10/2/2019)
Peter,

It seems to me that Reallusion's "bailing" on "IRay" issues with the Popcorn FX plug-in tells me the future of iClone is bleak to say the least. Why would I spend $900 for a plug-in to see iClone in Unreal? I might as well as bail on Reallusion and learn Unreal instead.

You also don't realize that a lot of us have a lot of money invested in "assets" that we "were lead to believe" would look wonderful in IRay, but obviously Reallusion has pretty much dismissed our issue as "trivial".

Thanks for "not caring enough" for your customers who have spent years working on iClone only to feel "cheated". To me, it would be worth it for Reallusion to solve these "long running issues" with "rendering engines".

I recently bought CTA 4, but I will hold back buying "extras" until this issue is resolved because if Reallusion "bails" on this issue, what else are they going to "bail" on later because it's too difficult.

...dave

Yeah this really sucks wish i tried the trial out first before i made the purchase of the Iray-Plugin and PopCorn FX. Im seeing alot of the post are a year old at least and very disappointing that there is no fix for this.  
FallenNInja
FallenNInja
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Yea, it's a shame that alot of their plugins are incompatible with each other. Not only that they won't even fully support their plugins, this version of Iray doesn't even have server render options.
Sepiasiren2021
Sepiasiren2021
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Has anyone found a work aroun d-- I just bought the plug-in and now realize like most that it does not render in Iray...

http://www.luvmultimedia.com

Reading This Topic