Need Help Creating A Puppet

Posted By NaturalGlitch 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
NaturalGlitch
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Hi!
For a while now, I've been trying to create puppets (or actors as the program calls them), but for the life of me I can't get them to work or look right — so I thought someone could help me out? These actors are minimal as far as mouth and hand shapes, though.
I've attached both files plus a height reference (just in case); each file has their limbs, but I also added another folder with all their parts (again — just in case).
If you decide to help, feel free to use these actors as you see fit (if they're worth your time); I will probably set them in Marketplace as free.
Thanks again for reading this post!

Attachments
FLA Puppet Parts.zip (82 views, 4.00 MB)
001.rar (136 views, 509.00 KB)
002.rar (108 views, 421.00 KB)
[Height_Reference].png (91 views, 128.00 KB)
Edited
5 Years Ago by NaturalGlitch
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
With Puppet Producer in Adobe Animate (Flash) you can just click the parts, then what they are and import using the import swf method. 
Provably take you about 10 minutes. If you send me a file with your body parts in the proper place so i don't have to waste time placing them I can do it for you for an $20 or check out my videos on youtube and do it yourself for free.

You can do this by replacing the body parts of an already assembled g2 character via drag and drop. And just lock your character to only use that one angle.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
NaturalGlitch
NaturalGlitch
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Thanks for posting here!
Unfortunately, I don't have Adobe Animate (the subscription is too much for me at the moment) — so I can't use that method (though I'll keep that in mind if I ever come across a sale of something).
Even though I had G3 characters in mind (since I bought some animations for it. I know as an "animator" I'm supposed to do my own, but I'm *so* not at that level yet), having a G2 version would be awesome (as I've seen some of your videos and know you specialize in that). But unfortunately — again — I don't have the programs or the know-how to meet the minimum.

Would you be able to waste some time and place them if we bump the $20 to $40? I'll understand if you decline; That's a lot of work to do!
vepop
vepop
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
The body part should overlap the other to make it connect.
Place the bones in there to fix it onto the other body part.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
Edited
5 Years Ago by vepop
NaturalGlitch
NaturalGlitch
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

You make it sound so easy! ...Probably because it is. 
I'll see what I can do, but last time I tried this myself, the character's legs looked like a pretzel monster. I keep messing up, but that won't stop me from trying!
Thanks for the tip!
vepop
vepop
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Yes. It is easy.

YouTube Tutorials Here
NaturalGlitch
NaturalGlitch
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

This is a silly reply, but do you know of some tutorial videos on the subject? I'm a visual learner you see.
I've looked around some on YouTube, but I'm not sure how to search for what I'm looking for.
Thanks for reading and your help!
vepop
vepop
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I suggest you export the template character to your image editing program.
Study how the body parts are made.
Compare how it is assembled in the Composer Mode.

YouTube Tutorials Here
NaturalGlitch
NaturalGlitch
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

A buddy of mine put together FLA files that contain all the actor's parts in (hopefully) in their proper spot; I hope this is what you meant. I sure hope so! (I added the files into the original post on top.)
I also hope your offer still stands.
(I'm still trying to make them G3 characters, but they come out as mutants. I am practicing using more G2 characters, and Reallusion had a great deal on G2 assets that I quickly took up.)
thomasway
thomasway
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)Senior Member (498 reputation)

In order to fix your character I followed this procedure.
Downloaded your files
Imported the pngs into Photoshop via Scripts > Load Files Into Stack
Opened a PSD template file for G3 Elastic Folks male
Copied your parts into the Template file and put them in the correct corresponding folders
Cut up some of your parts that needed to be in separate layers (like the head)
Added rounded circles with same colors to the ends of body parts so the joints overlapped
Added some face parts from other characters
Aligned the bone indicators to the correct places
Imported the PSD file back into CA4
Took about 20 minutes while I watched the baseball playoffs. It was a personal test to see how fast I could do it.
Needs a lot more work but you get the idea.

Reading This Topic