Profile Picture

Iclone 8 and such a plugin ? Physics‑based character animation software without motion capture

Posted By 2IDs media:design 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Iclone 8 and such a plugin ? Physics‑based character animation...

Author
2IDs media:design
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Iclone 8 and such a plugin?

Physics‑based character animation software without motion capture
Hey Icloners

as we cruised the internet we found this impressive and promising NEW piece of software.
More Information please find under both Links. It is really amazing.
Physics‑based character animation software without motion capture

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwF6yYbIFJmB5ynAkzq9Psg

https://cascadeur.com/

It is no advert (we are not working for them or promote their products )
just a info for a perhaps new workflow to get the maximum out of iclone.

Have a nice day
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
This will help you get the overall arc an spin of motion correct. It relies on the user keyframing, for the most part, though.

Think of it as getting the balistics right for as body, even as it moves.

You can probably do a similar thing in iClone by linking the avatar to a physics object and throwing it about! Wink
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

Like any "promo video" it makes things look *so easy*, - but I do get the impression that it's quite user friendly and intuitve - especially the way it offers the paths as direct visual feedback. It's actually how I'd (originally) *imagined* iClone to work. I think they're quite serious when they say "Cascadeur's goal is to lower the entry barriers for beginners". Iclone could certainly benefit from a 'similar' approach, ie: using intelligent physics to "join the dots" between keyframes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
5 Years Ago by sonic7
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Unless I'm missing something, though, this isn't useful at all in its beta stage.  There is no way to input your own character and (more importantly) no way to output the results.  So using it in iClone (or anything else, really) is impossible.

It may just be a "proof of concept" but it's been around since February and no inputs/outputs yet, so that tells me this is most likely yet another of those things that will disappear beneath the waters of software quickly and without any notice (I can't tell you how many truly wonderful and amazing pieces of software I've seen demoed at various trade shows that never made it to market -- some that did things that can't even be done nowadays decades later.  In many cases the tech was bought and used for commercial purposes elsewhere, or the dev just went on to get a real job and never revisited his baby again).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic