Profile Picture

Back hair layer issue

Posted By jonbap 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jonbap
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi, I'm new to the CTA family of products, and have purchased the Pipeline version of Cartoon Animator 4.  Using the Philipp G3 character with the 360 degree head, I moved it into Photoshop and saved the file with the intention of replacing the layers with my own sprites to create my own character.  After making my changes, but being careful to use all the same layer names in case that is important, I have opened CTA 4, clicked on "create G3 free bone actor" and imported my PSD file.  It seemingly imports just fine, but when I go into the 360 head editor the layers of the back hair seem to change the order of the layers as soon as the head turns in any direction.  With the vast majority of the layers on this template you can see them in the layer manager and rearrange them as needed as you turn the head, but the back hair layers do not show up.  I don't know why their default setting is to flip which layer is on top as soon as you try to turn the head, but that does not give me the effect I want and I can't figure out how to stop it.  If anyone with more experience could point me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks in Advance!

Jon
vepop
vepop
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
If you use it to create a new character then you have to re-do the 360 Head rotation.
Actually, once you have done all the layers in Photoshop, just click save
and the character which you exported earlier to do the modification will be updated in the Composer Mode.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
jonbap
jonbap
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Right, I have been redoing the 360 head rotation, and for every other part of the head I can change the layer order for every angle.  But the layers for the back hair don't show up in the 360 editor for some reason.
vepop
vepop
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
The layer can be found in the RL_Image folder.
You can also add layer the 'back hair' later in the Composer Mode.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here

Reading This Topic