Iclone for Archviz?? repost.

Posted By wildstar 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
wildstar
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
After last iclone changes i start make some tests . what changes? you can ask..
1 - the great performance bump , iclone is real fast now and is dealing with high poly count as its never do. 
2 - IES light system 

so i start a project animation with 2 not optimized cars for realtime ( each car with 1 milion polys ) 2 avatars , a custom terrain i made in mudbox, and more than 900 speed trees 20 cameras already ( will be more ) . and iclone is dealing with it at 40 fps without VXG and 20 fps with VXGI , for me its amazing speed bump. now in iclone you can import fbx using drag and drop on iclone viewport and 3dxchange get performance bumps updates too.  
so i realized one thing. 3dxchange import a car with 1 milion polys at light speed and convert it for iclone fast too. 
but with a archvizscene wit 1 milion polys but a lot more materials. something like 50 materials + 3dxchange got 30 minutes( the same scene get instant pop up on toolbag 3 and unity  ) . and this dont change when i reduce polycount, i believe its cause the big material quantity. 

so.. why use iclone for archviz??? 
well... after studying all this realtime engines i undestand the power of iclone. and if you compare it against twinmotion for example iclone only lose against reflection probes for realtime reflections. ( you can get a aproach with ibl baking but is not enough )
iclone have a better VXGI system than twinmotion. twinmotion only get global ilumination for sunligh not for artificial lights
iclone can get global ilumination from direct light ( sunlight ) spot lights now with the plus to use IE lights system the emissive props can simulate area lights . iclone have better AO than twinmotion if you use iclone VXGI shadows + HBAO+ in correct way you can pass twinmotion results. more fast rendering for 360 animations. i hope reallusion undestand iclone is more close to fight against twinmotion and lumion very soon on they market.  
Edited
5 Years Ago by wildstar
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

i working on my Virtual reality show reel using Unity and i get one of the scenes and start tunning on iclone and got this. :O.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1ec85799-634f-4bb4-9dd6-d126.jpg
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

lets make a exercise????  

Unity progressive https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5181c5b9-84a3-4f72-895a-e08a.jpg

Unity Realtime ( similar to iclone vxgi ) 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a59f92da-9d3f-4409-b95e-e37f.jpg

iclone vxgi 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1a4c93a9-2a84-42df-b34c-6aca.jpg is not enough say " image x is more realistic, lets talk about what make one better than other " 
2IDs media:design
2IDs media:design
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hey Wildstar,

really a very good work....one question...
would it be possible that you share this scene / iproject with all of us to optimize it
like a competition between all Icloners?

So we can share our experiences about iclone, unreal and our workflows to 
get the maximum creativity?

Thumbs up :-) 

AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
First the Iclone is obviously missing the reflections on the parque floors.
 Assuming you are using identical light sources,Both the unity RT and the iclone render have light leaking through the right side wall into the stairwell.

The unity progressive does not.

.The Unity progressive has way more accurate shadows being cast by the dining room table and chairs from the lamplight

.the Iclone render has none except on the floor and the lamplight is doing nothing for the general illumination

.Overall the Iclone render would be useful for an animated film however it does not even begin to approach the level of realism& detail expected in the Architectural visualization industry.

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

wildstar
wildstar
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

2IDs media:design (9/19/2019)
Hey Wildstar,

would it be possible that you share this scene / iproject with all of us to optimize it

i try do this yesterday the file is 240 megs. o will try it again today yes will be fine , lets ppl dont only talk about but showcase your point of view 
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

AutoDidact (9/19/2019)
First the Iclone is obviously missing the reflections on the parque floors.
 Assuming you are using identical light sources,Both the unity RT and the iclone render have light leaking through the right side wall into the stairwell.

The unity progressive does not.

.The Unity progressive has way more accurate shadows being cast by the dining room table and chairs from the lamplight

.the Iclone render has none except on the floor and the lamplight is doing nothing for the general illumination

.Overall the Iclone render would be useful for an animated film however it does not even begin to approach the level of realism& detail expected in the Architectural visualization industry.

you are tottaly right my friend. i agree with you. but iclone can give better results than twinmotion with we have today (less reflections)  the problem is how 3dxchange deal with arquitectural models, is not optimized for that. BIM or FBX if get many materials can get hours to 3dxchange to convert .

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
wildstar (9/19/2019)
2IDs media:design (9/19/2019)
Hey Wildstar,

i try do this yesterday the file is 240 megs. o will try it again today yes will be fine , lets ppl dont only talk about but showcase your point of view 

Wildstar - I have mixed feelings on this. 

PRO - you will learn from others new things that you had never considered before, and then from there you can make it part of your own approach. 
This will work so long as those making optimizations have full guaranteed ability to provide you with specific technical measurable measures they are utilizing.

CON - This is your work.  For me, I would show you MY work and ask for your input on what I can do better.  But I would NOT ask you for your scene.  I would send you MY scene and ask for your input on MY scene.  I would pay you for that input as I value the exchange. 
And look - there is always the 'Loft Scene', that everyone has access to and can try their best at.  Let others show you their work with that scene, which again, everyone has access to.  A contest doesn't need to be run with your scene.  As a user group we already have scenes ready for contest.

I always have respect for your work and your insights.  As I myself have been approached and been now more involved in professional interactions, I find that serious interest is handled in a professional manner. 
But, the forum is a free exchange of ideas always, so this is just my specific opinion on this topic and doesn't have to be yours or anyone else's.

wildstar
wildstar
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

eh the file is not upload... i will send it to rampa..

this was not my idea other ppl talk the same thing cause using a same scene will be more easy to point visual resources. btw. i cant upload the file on forum something happened. 
Edited
5 Years Ago by wildstar
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

the last image from this test a version from toolbag3 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/be6e7b0c-f954-40f1-8e6f-8cd6.png

Reading This Topic