Profile Picture

How do you justify the cost of this "Live Plugin" ?

Posted By davev 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 days ago
@Will.cowling.UK:
I would like to ask, why bother protesting the price?  Because I'm thinking if you don't want it, you don't have to buy it.
And, if you have the knowledge and expertise to code an alternative yourself, you then have free reign to operate your own tool to suit your own productivity.
So what relevance does a transaction not involving you then play with regards to your workflow, which in theory anyway would be in competition with everyone else's.
Is this all because you really really like looking at it and wish you had it, but are on the fence with the cost? 
I would say get it, but for the fact that it hasn't been updated since release, so that is my own disappointment with the product thus far, as it does not work with UE 4.23.

But, you know, if I could code a free LiveLink-like tool, I would update it to work with 4.23, and CC3-direct. 
However, I would not worry about what anyone else is doing.
In fact, I would hope that RL would raise the price to $5,000, that way no one would buy it and I would be the only one to have such a tool!!!....

RL - I already bought it.  Please raise the price to $5,000 so that I am one of the lucky few who gets to use it, and everyone else can envy me.
THX!
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
TonyDPrime (10/3/2019)
RL - I already bought it.  Please raise the price to $5,000 so that I am one of the lucky few who gets to use it, and everyone else can envy me.
THX!

Funny.   Smile

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Delerna
Delerna
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (9/16/2019)

Motion Builder = $1765 (Yearly)
Maya = $1545 (Yearly)
iClone - $199 (One Off Payment)

So even with the cost of the Unreal Live Link plug-in it is still way cheaper than the two products you mention.

Of course, we could always up the price of iClone to say $1000 and include the Live Link plug-in for FREE but why make customers pay for something they might never use.

I am one person here who mostly appreciates the way Reallusion sells their things in comparison to other companies. 
I see that you spend lots of time and effort to produce things in order to enable/assist other people to make video's and games depending on what it is they want to make.

I could get Maya or one of the others where I spend a small fortune every month or year just so I can have free extra's given to me that I have no use for.
Or I can buy iClone reasonably cheap and then only buy the extras that I want and ignore the ones I don't want. 
Gee I hope Reallusing sticks with that and I will be a user who will continues sticking with them.

No, I haven't bought several plugin's, but only because I have no need for them. 
So once again, I thank you Reallusion for selling your time and efforts the way you sell them, much appreciated. 

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
5 Years Ago by Delerna
Mystic360VR
Mystic360VR
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
if I wanted to code my own plug in I would be a fricken coder but I am not so....i gotta buy shit. I am a 1 man band studio and I don't have time to waste.
My release window is very tight and looking at the time saving that $700 makes total perfect business sense 

I bought Live link last week at 699 so I've already saved $200 of it's price this week. That said, after 1 test I was solddddddd.
Before:
A 30-45 minute FBX import that didn't do what I wanted it to or look/do any thing like it did in iclone.
After:
Loaded perfectly identical from iclone into unreal in under 3 minutes.
I actually screamed out FUCK YAAA at 1 am when it "Just Worked" exactly how I wanted it to.

Less time working on the How, more time working on the What I am creating.

That $700 plug in erased 2 months of failure instantly. Anything that speeds up my pipeline is worth it even at the full price. Money = Time. 
The fastest path that gets me there just got easier. Yes it blows they make you pay at ever inch of the pipeline but this one is different.

Hobbyist vs Professional.... and I can't afford the time not having this plug in.

vidi
vidi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

I'm curious how long the plugin remains compatible and got support.
I know of some expensive stuff by reallusion , a much ado  in the beginning and after that it is died.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

BOLPHUNGA
BOLPHUNGA
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
vidi (10/6/2019)
I know of some expensive stuff by reallusion , a much ado  in the beginning and after that it is died.

its currently incompatible with the latest version which has been out for a month now
so nobody can take advantage of all the new features in ue4.
why they would release this right before a major update was coming is beyond me

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
vidi (10/6/2019)

Which expensive stuff did you buy that no longer works with iClone? Ermm

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

vidi
vidi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

iclone is not the only thing was made by Reallusion 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (10/7/2019)
vidi (10/6/2019)

Which expensive stuff did you buy that no longer works with iClone? Ermm

Indigo, though to be fair that belongs in the category of "it never worked properly to begin with"
argus1000
argus1000
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I’m surprised Reallusion ever put Indigo on the market. It’s such a MESS.

My latest movie THE GOLDEN MAN, and a few othershttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIl1EqVCKitZzLqaNnLK0BA

Reading This Topic