Issues bringing some DAZ Dresses to CC3

Posted By facr73 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
facr73
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Hi.

I 'm having some issues bringing some Clothes specially dress from Daz. I am struggling with https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-pinafore-outfit-for-genesis-8-female-s because I can't get good results with the Skin Weight (Dress) and the weight maps. I have first to simulate in DAZ to conform the dress to the Genesis 8 figure. The other one I would like to get some advice is https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-mori-kei-outfit-for-genesis-8-females. The CC3 transformer works as expected but I can't figure out how to create the weight maps as the skirt is made of 4 pieces (skirt1, skirt2, skirt3 and skirt 4, being the skirt2 and 4 the pink part).

If anyone has one or both of these dresses can give me some advise how to get the things right?

Thanks.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I'll look and see, but in the meantime you might see if this tutorial I made will help:

Unfortunately, I don't have either (I never buy anything new -- always wait a month or two.  So in a few months I'll have these).  But see if that tutorial helps.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
5 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
facr73
facr73
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Hi Mike.
Thanks for replying.
It was not so expensive. One cost me only $9.57 but the other was too cute :-)

Yeah, I saw your tutorial and asked also there :-) but the weight mapping of the skirt it's not that linear. I will wait and see if you'll get those and import them to CC3.
The dress with the 4 parts is the one I really don't know how to do it. I think it has something to do with the uv mapping.

FR
Edited
5 Years Ago by facr73
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
It's not expensive until you buy everything they release -- then it costs tens of thousands <g>.

Which is why I wait, because a month or two down the road they get greatly discounted (up to 80% -- I almost never get anything that isn't discounted that much, and it ALL is eventually).  Plus I can use my Platinum discounts as well.

But remind me again in a few months (say towards the end of the year) and I'll see if I can help then (but you'll need to remind me, as 10 seconds after I post this it will be wiped from my limited memory banks).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic