Profile Picture

Daz Genesis Extension compatibility - Daz and Genesis version support?

Posted By MetaLVX 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Daz Genesis Extension compatibility - Daz and Genesis version support?...

Author
MetaLVX
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Hi Community,

I'm about to jump back into a purchase but before I do so I'd like to find out from you, the community, any comments or issues with compatibility.
I purchased a few years back and it was very out of date so it wasn't capable of even being used but it sounds like it's on a much better road of development.  Could you try and help answer any of these questions before I jump back into buying?  The "Trial" for almost any software pales in comparison with the input from user community.
  • Does the Extension support the latest version plugin and support Daz Studio 4.11.0.383?
  • Does it support easy input and translation of Gen - Gen 8 characters, morphs and does it also carry over 3rd party morphs packages?
  • How does it handle biped monsters & characters if they are built on the Gen base?
  • Does it handle older figure-bases like Michael and Victoria?
  • How does it handle hair, clothing, and props?
  • So you can bring the data in via the Extension... once in does it export back out via FBX?
Thanks community for any input you could provide!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Hi...

Using 3DXchange and the Daz Genesis Extensions was the old way to bring in Daz characters to iClone, but now we have Character Creator 3 Pipeline which is a far superior method to use.

With Character Creator 3 Pipeline you can bring in all Daz characters from Victoria 3 and Michael 3 right through to Genesis 8 characters. You can also easily bring in hair, clothing or accessories with the character or on their own. CC3 Pipeline also allows you to export your converted characters to FBX without requiring any other software.

Please see below for full information about Character Creator 3 Pipeline. This should answer all your questions. Smile

https://www.reallusion.com/character-creator/

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
5 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
That's the official word -- let me talk about this from a user perspective.

As someone who owns every piece of Daz content made (okay, it only seems like it) and has tried at least all the various types through Transformer in CC3, I can tell you that by and large it works just fine.  The key phrase there is "by and large".  There are edge cases which do not work -- in particular avatars (and this includes a lot of monstrous types) with odd necks will not work well or even at all (well, they always WORK but come in so distorted it's not worth it).  According to the devs this is unlikely to be fixed.

When it comes to hair the same is true -- by and large *most* stuff works, but there is some stuff that can crash both iClone and CC3 and no real way of knowing what it is until you try it.  Clothes by and large are NOT an issue, although weight maps for a lot of the clothing may be difficult to construct (I have some tutorials on this process).  Props seldom have issues.

All third party morphs will come over but figure morphs will NOT come in as morphs (again, I have a tutorial that explains how to get them in there).  This is unlike 3DX, which will bring the morphs over.  M4 and V4 are supported, along with Hive, but outside of all Genesis nothing else will work.

What I suggest is this -- if you have particular concerns about a character or clothing just let me know what it is and I'll tell you if it works or not.  Otherwise you will get *most* of your stuff in without problems (or at least, without problems you can't solve).  The technology in Transformer is VERY good -- much better than I would have expected -- but it's not perfect.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

"With Character Creator 3 Pipeline you can bring in all Daz characters from Victoria 3 and Michael 3 right through to Genesis 8 characters."

Are there daz extension T-Pose files for the A3, M3, V3 Characters?  I can't find any.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Snarp Farkle
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Snarp Farkle (9/13/2019)
"With Character Creator 3 Pipeline you can bring in all Daz characters from Victoria 3 and Michael 3 right through to Genesis 8 characters."

Are there daz extension T-Pose files for the A3, M3, V3 Characters?  I can't find any.

That's where Character Creator 3 Pipeline comes in. Wink

CC3 offers more import options than were available using the Daz Genesis Extensions (which didn't support older generations).

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Peter (RL) (9/13/2019)
Snarp Farkle (9/13/2019)

That's where Character Creator 3 Pipeline comes in. Wink

CC3 offers more import options than were available using the Daz Genesis Extensions (which didn't support older generations).

Thanks Peter,

So all I have to do is Transform their fbx, what about the T-Pose?

Will I'll still have to use 3DX if I want expression morphs?

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Snarp Farkle
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

You don't really need to apply a t-pose -- I seldom do.  Transformer works just fine without the character being in one.

Hmmm -- A3?  I'm not a big fan of Victoria and Michael in any form (and have never used Aiko except Aiko 3, which seemed to work).  If you have a specific avatar in mind let me know and I can check it out.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kelleytoons (9/13/2019)
You don't really need to apply a t-pose -- I seldom do.  Transformer works just fine without the character being in one.

Hmmm -- A3?  I'm not a big fan of Victoria and Michael in any form (and have never used Aiko except Aiko 3, which seemed to work).  If you have a specific avatar in mind let me know and I can check it out.

Thanks Kelly,

I just have a lot of A3, M3, and V3 stuff I'd like to try, A3 is more or less a morph from V3 not unlike A4 H4 & V4 M4.  I just wasn't sure how to import them into CC3 without a T-Pose to export, but I'll give it a try and show my results.

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

I saw in the CC3 tutorial that Kai didn't apply the T-Pose resource file to the Genesis 8. 
But, I thought this was necessary to avoid the shoulder issue (otherwise shoulder comes in hunched).
I was surprised he did not apply it. 

I also find that 2011 and 2012 Binary are interchangeable, right? Meaning you can use either...
It's not like the 2012 works better by any measurable metric, or is there one...!!!

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I've never had a problem with the shoulders not using a t-pose.  The only time not using a t-pose is with some clothing.

But that's just me -- everyone can experiment and find their best workflow.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic