Profile Picture

Daz Genesis Extension compatibility - Daz and Genesis version support?

Posted By MetaLVX 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Daz Genesis Extension compatibility - Daz and Genesis version support?...

Author
R Ham
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Scyra (9/21/2019)
There are certain items that you can only have one of at a time, such as hair, gloves, boots. If you bring try to bring in a second pair of boots, for example, the first gets replaced. That may be what you are experiencing.

Interesting thing to note: If you use Transformer to bring in both hair and a beard, and specify in the drop-down that they are both Hair, they will be automatically merged. This probably happens with boots and gloves too. You can also manually merge Accessories and then use Transfer Skin Weights to convert them to another type.

Actually this happens to me consistently with shirt, pants and jacket. The common thread is, all added items are cloth, all disappeared items are cloth. I will sleep on this. This cloth layer thing MAY be involved although I can't tell from looking at the chart. Just guessing wildly? When I try to add two assets on the same layer, CC assumes I want to replace the first one with the second one, and deletes it for me as a favor. If that is so, I would need to check layer assignments BEFORE adding the second asset. I would like that to be true,

Say, after watching the vid you showed me I had a glance at your YT page. You're a capable guy, aren't you. You're talented, productive, and you have a sense of humor too. This last one is important. I would say RL is lucky to have you hanging around here. I appreciated both the House of Congress musical and the Archie Bunker bit.
LATER...
Well, it was that cloth layer thing all right. Once I learned how to put them where they belong, things went well. Thank you Mike.

"Less clicks good, more clicks bad."
Edited
5 Years Ago by Rottenham
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Rottenham (9/21/2019)

Say, after watching the vid you showed me I had a glance at your YT page. You're a capable guy, aren't you. You're talented, productive, and you have a sense of humor too. This last one is important. I would say RL is lucky to have you hanging around here. I appreciated both the House of Congress musical and the Archie Bunker bit.
LATER...
Well, it was that cloth layer thing all right. Once I learned how to put them where they belong, things went well. Thank you Mike.

Okay -- well here's the video anyway (it will help others on my channel).

And assuming you were talking about my channel (you replied with another poster's quote) I thank you for the kind words.  I've had more fun with iClone than a person deserves to have.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
R Ham
R Ham
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Kelleytoons (9/21/2019)
Rottenham (9/21/2019)

LATER...

Okay -- well here's the video anyway (it will help others on my channel).

And assuming you were talking about my channel (you replied with another poster's quote) I thank you for the kind words.  I've had more fun with iClone than a person deserves to have.

First, sorry about replying in a clumsy manner, I'll try to pay more attention to this forum UI.

Thanks for that vid. I didn't realize I could drag and drop on the layer assignment list. I used that gear icon to reassign each item. As a guide, I used the default layer assignment list we find in the CC Dev Guide (this guide is a gold mine).Your way is faster. I also took note of the way you have used your Content Library.  The Content Library itself is, to me, less than intuitive.

One of the reasons your work caught my eye, Mike, is that some of your work is along the lines of things I would like to do myself. I would be very pleased if I could acquire the technical skills to do what I saw on your YT page. I may occasionally be less family-oriented than the Archie Bunker skit. ;-)

Now that I have a loose grip on the basics of importing DAZ characters and clothing, I've taken a close look at RL's ability to duplicate the DAZ character. Facial detail suffers. I'm going to install that add-on CC Morph product today and see just how much I can compensate for it. Materials (there seem to be many names for this attribute) take a hit too. I'll be looking into this as well. I want shiny shoes!

Below is one of the scenes I wish to import into iC. I've begun my learning adventure by bringing in the Evil One, with which you have been of great help. I have brought in smaller sets successfully, this is one of those big Stonemason sets, I have my fingers crossed. If I can learn to bring this entire scene in, I will be dangerous.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bdd3efad-864d-455d-827d-86ad.jpg

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Stonemason's stuff comes in exceptionally well.  He tends to use small textures and duplicate them so 3DX can handle them just fine.  But there are tricks and tips around that as well.

You can definitely get shiny.  For some reason your still reminds me of Fosse (just reading his biography right now).  Looks cool.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
R Ham
R Ham
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kelleytoons (9/21/2019)
Stonemason's stuff comes in exceptionally well.  He tends to use small textures and duplicate them so 3DX can handle them just fine.  But there are tricks and tips around that as well.

You can definitely get shiny.  For some reason your still reminds me of Fosse (just reading his biography right now).  Looks cool.

I have another big set to bring in, it's a Dreamland, it's even bigger than the Stonemason set.
I found a Substance that was shiny, the shoes look right now.
I'm not acquainted with Fosse. Do you mean the dancer Bob Fosse? I'm as uncoordinated as a man can get, myself. The Dev would be a Fred Astaire fan.
I wish to learn about importing and/or creating morphs in CC3, since facial expressions don't stick with the figure when it goes to iC. Some of the nomenclature in the "online manual" page Customizing Morphing Sliders > User Interface Introduction for Morph Slider Editor is vague. (I don't even know why it's called an 'online' manual.) Is this thread the best place to pursue this, or should it be a new thread?
This Dreamland set is the best gas station around:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/69f417ea-2174-46ef-87fc-c836.jpg

Edited
5 Years Ago by Rottenham
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Which Dreamland set is that?  

I have a specific tutorial on bringing Dreamland stuff in, but I may need to update it (it was done a while ago and I've written some Python stuff for iClone that makes a lot of it easier).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
R Ham
R Ham
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kelleytoons (9/22/2019)
Which Dreamland set is that?  

I have a specific tutorial on bringing Dreamland stuff in, but I may need to update it (it was done a while ago and I've written some Python stuff for iClone that makes a lot of it easier).

This is Block 15, it's 16MB.
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/movie-sets-city-block-15/100141/

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

That will come in fine through 3DX, although I would first advise you (in Daz) to delete all the trees (they are all in one "container" so it's easy).

They are billboards, which won't work well when you move the camera (unlike the iClone billboards which follow the camera) but, worse, some of them just won't come in right (and I have NO idea how to make them work).  So delete them all (in Daz) and then if you have some of the Speedtrees they will be good replacements.

My Python routine works *okay* with these sets (so you might want to look up that tutorial)  but by and large this particular Dreamland set doesn't have a lot of textures other than the diffuse.  It might help to use some of the Displacement textures as bump maps, but that would be a project and one I'm not interested in programming right now.

Here it is in iClone (with Supercar parked at the pump :>Wink.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bc1e877a-0335-429c-9367-02e5.png

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
R Ham
R Ham
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kelleytoons (9/22/2019)
That will come in fine through 3DX, although I would first advise you (in Daz) to delete all the trees (they are all in one "container" so it's easy).

They are billboards, which won't work well when you move the camera (unlike the iClone billboards which follow the camera) but, worse, some of them just won't come in right (and I have NO idea how to make them work).  So delete them all (in Daz) and then if you have some of the Speedtrees they will be good replacements.

Thank you Mike, I appreciate your advice. We don't need no stinkin' trees. Kidding aside, it may have taken me all day to figure out to get rid of the trees.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Rottenham
R Ham
R Ham
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

(can't delete?)

Edited
5 Years Ago by Rottenham

Reading This Topic