Profile Picture

textures comes in white when importing old DAZ figures (Aiko 3 among other)

Posted By lollosone 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

textures comes in white when importing old DAZ figures (Aiko 3 among...

Author
lollosone
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Finally got CC3 to work again, to find out that when I uninstalled the app trying to fix the drivers issue, I deleted all my custom imported DAZ figures. Way to go.

Started all over importing figures, and noticed that now the textures imported are white. I believe there is an easy fix, but I tried to follow all the usual suspects (including the tutorial videos) and I can't get the to work.
I did export A3 in T pose from DAZ studio; the settings used are as you see in the picture here.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/049dc65e-e426-47f6-a538-081b.jpg
The figure has default textures, I didn't add any. Once I import in CC3 using the advanced setting and embed textures, I get the figure with correct eyes, but the head and body are pure white. Looking at the textures, there is no texture for either the head, body or eyelashes.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c66aacd9-06bc-4380-8c6b-0fa7.jpg

Tried to load the same FBX using simple settings and that solve the problem, but then I loose the toon textures on the figure; since it will use the CC3 realistic one.

Any idea how to fix this? I don't recall this happening with the old version of CC3. Thanks.
Attachments
Capture.JPG (135 views, 160.00 KB)
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 12 minutes ago
Remember that when you export from Daz as FBX you should NOT be collecting textures to a folder.  I cover this in my latest tutorial on the process.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Okay, so Aiko 3 doesn't work with the auto settings.  You'll need to create your own ini file to make this happen.

Easy enough to do and RL supplied tutorials on the process.  Let me see if I have one:

Um, can't find mine at the moment but it's easy -- just press the button to create the ini file, and edit it to put in all the Aiko textures.  I think the RL manual also covers this so if you can't find it let me know (I'm busy with something else right at the moment).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
5 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
This post has been flagged as an answer
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Okay, this tutorial talks about a lot of things but around the 4 minute mark it shows what you need to do to fix this issue:

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
lollosone
lollosone
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks a lot Mike!
Indeed before posting I did my homework and tried the different tutorials out there. I could swear that I was able to get the textures right at the first try, with old versions of CC3.

I will try to modify the file as you explained in your video; and see if that fix things. In the worst case I can probably use one of the toon character skin presets that came with the toon pack for CC3 (bought that since I needed pronto some cartoon figures), which should work fine for A3 too.

Reading This Topic