Scale problem when I import object from 3DXchange

Posted By Leowald 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Leowald
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Hello! 

I've a problem when I import some objetcs from 3DXchange about the scale.
With some objects I can change the scale, and with some others I can't...! And I use the same options to export in 3DXchange...

This is a screenshot about a knife that I wanna "shrink". But when I do that, it only change the axis, and not the size. I don't understand why I've that problem with only some 3d models... 

I hope someone can help me! Thank you in advance.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/911bc02e-be9e-4b4e-b4bb-8d43.jpg
Edited
5 Years Ago by Leowald
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Sometimes you have to get rid of extra pivot nodes from the object. And sometimes you do not even see them in 3DX.
Just export object to OBJ from 3DX and then load that OBJ back to 3DX and then to iClone. See if that helps.

Edited
5 Years Ago by 4u2ges
Leowald
Leowald
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Thank you for your answer 4u2ges.
Indeed, it's working for many of my objects, and it helps me a lot!!

But I've still one last problem : I can't do that for object with skeleton. 
For exemple, I've made a taile with many bones, but I'm not able to change the size like my first exemple... And if I do your option, I lost all my bones.

Any idea for this kind of object?

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Oh well, you are screwed BigGrin

Regardless which 3D editor you are working with (assuming it is Blender), there is GOLDEN rule when you have to export to FBX and specifically when attaching mesh to armature.
Before attaching to armature, you must reset Scale, Location and Rotation of the object as well detach it from any Pivot nodes (Empties in Blender).
It has to be just a mesh with Origin/Pivot Point preferably located at 0,0,0.  But the Scale reset is the most important.
In Blender it is CTRL+A in Object mode. Otherwise, it might work in some cases, but in most of the other cases you'd have a lot of problems with prop which was not originally reset.

As you said, you cannot take that prop to OBJ because of the bones, so you'd have to take it back to 3D editor as FBX, detach from the armature, properly reset, re-attach, weighted and export again.
Once in iClone you can change the Pivot as you wish and it would be just fine.

Edited
5 Years Ago by 4u2ges

Reading This Topic