Camera Fly Through - Plugin

Posted By i2k 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 3 votes.
Author
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Rampa, you have to run an elevated Command Prompt (or Windows PowerShell) with Administrator privileges.

I usually run PowerShell.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3a67b049-25d8-448f-bbfd-31e8.jpg

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
So it installed correctly with admin rights. Smile

But middle-mouse click on the scene does not open it for me yet. Mouse must be mapped some other way, or it is less installed than I thought.
The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
I am not alone to develop plugins for iClone, yay.
Make sure to post them in https://forum.reallusion.com/413590/-Paid-Plugin-Incubation-Program

iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, CT8 Pipeline, Iray, Live Face, iPhone Xr, Win 10, i9 9900K ~5GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB, 16GB Ram, M.2 SSD
rosuckmedia
rosuckmedia
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
@kyodev
@ 4u2ges
Thank you very much for your help, I will do it again
to try in peace, if it works, I'll let you know.
Greeting rosuckmediaBigGrin
Hewa' s Art
Hewa' s Art
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
@ Rampa, So it installed correctly with admin rights. Smile
But middle-mouse click on the scene does not open it for me yet. Mouse must be mapped some other way, or it is less installed than I thought.

@ kyodev ,This update prevents the plugin from constantly updating the viewport of the camera. So the solution is to turn off the Reduce Idle Load option in the Preference tab of iClone, and everything should work just fine Smile

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fe150f05-6be2-4b5c-9bde-fdd6.png
Edited
5 Years Ago by Hewa' s Art
richard666
richard666
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
This is a fantastic idea and one im so interested in BUT i have never written code and im afraid i will mess up something critical if i try.
Is there any way you could develop this without having to do code??  Of course i believe the work involved requires charging for the plugin and i would certainly pay for this.

i have been preparing scenes for potential simulator use and this plugin goes along way towards doing this.  I have been learning Unreal and Unity because iClone cannot do what i want BUT this plugin could change things.  What do you think about working on a simulator project?  Its good for Reallusion and definately good for me!!  and could be for you too!

regards rich
rosuckmedia
rosuckmedia
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
@kyodev
@4u2ges.
Hello, I did it, a German user helped me too. (Jünni) Thanks to everyone.
Greeting rosuckmediaSmile

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e1e4ee94-1daa-4b9b-a7ea-7e5a.png
i2k
i2k
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi everyone, I have returned from the trip! Here are my answers to your questions

4u2ges (9/2/2019)
@ kyodev   Robert is using German version of Windows, so "Programme" is translated as Programs and seems to be correct.

@ rosuckmedia When you open cmd, it shows a directory and a prompt. In your case it is:

C:\Windows\System32>_

At this point you have to enter the command cd, (which stands for Change Directory) following by the actual Bin64 path, so that whole line should look like:

C:\Windows\System32>cd  "C:\Programme\Reallusion\iClone 7\Bin64"

After you hit Enter the prompt should change to:

C:\Programme\Reallusion\iClone 7\Bin64>

So that you can execute next command with executable which is located in Bin64 folder.

However, for some reason you end up having some other path: C:\Users\Robert> at the prompt, while Windows expect to have a command there. And that is why Windows displays the error (I did not translate it).

So just get rid of C:\Users\Robert> and you would be fine.

Thanks 4u2ges for helping me out!

Rampa (9/2/2019)

Hi Rampa, I have sent you a private message to work on this issue. Hopefully I can help you fix this and post the solution here for others.

The-any-Key (9/2/2019)
I am not alone to develop plugins for iClone, yay.
Make sure to post them in https://forum.reallusion.com/413590/-Paid-Plugin-Incubation-Program

Thanks for the advice!

richard666 (9/2/2019)
This is a fantastic idea and one im so interested in BUT i have never written code and im afraid i will mess up something critical if i try.
Is there any way you could develop this without having to do code??  Of course i believe the work involved requires charging for the plugin and i would certainly pay for this.

i have been preparing scenes for potential simulator use and this plugin goes along way towards doing this.  I have been learning Unreal and Unity because iClone cannot do what i want BUT this plugin could change things.  What do you think about working on a simulator project?  Its good for Reallusion and definately good for me!!  and could be for you too!

regards rich

Hi Rich, I cannot get your question, can you explain what you mean by saying "Is there any way you could develop this without having to do code"?.
If you are thinking that this plugin requires programming in order to get it work, then it is not. The installation of this plugin needs no programming background, and you can make it work simply by following the tutorial video.
On the other hand, if you are asking for a command-free setup, then you can confirm the demand in this thread and I will build the command-free setup in the next update. No need to pay, I will do it for free.

rosuckmedia (9/3/2019)
@kyodev
@4u2ges.
Hello, I did it, a German user helped me too. (Jünni) Thanks to everyone.
Greeting rosuckmediaSmile

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e1e4ee94-1daa-4b9b-a7ea-7e5a.png

Glad you had made it!

Bill
Edited
5 Years Ago by kyodev
i2k
i2k
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Rampa (9/2/2019)

For whoever encountering this error, re-installing the plugin will solve the problem.
Thanks Rampa for providing feedback.

Bug Tracking
Camera Fly Through plugin does not work with camera that is set to "Look at" objects in iClone.
Note: Until 16 July 2019, iClone Open API has not supported this feature.

Bill
Edited
5 Years Ago by kyodev
Walvince
Walvince
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Wow I almost missed this absolutely fantastic plugin !
Excellent job, that's a life changer ! Finally a normal way to control the camera (can't believe we had to wait this long and that's it's not coming from RL itself Ermm )

Thank you thank you thank you !!
Edited
5 Years Ago by Walvince

Reading This Topic