OFFICIAL Character Creator 3.1 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 42 minutes ago
Dear Character Creator Users,

We have now released the 3.1 update for Character Creator 3 which as added numerous new and exciting new features plus bug fixes. However, as always we still need your assistance to help us track down any bugs, glitches or other annoying issues that may still remain.

Important: If you do find any bugs, issues or glitches in Character Creator 3.1, please can you report them first in the Feedback Tracker. Then feel free to discuss the issues in this thread but do try to include a link back to the original Feedback Tracker report or your tracker number.

As always it will help us greatly if we can keep all technical issue discussion in the one place (this thread). This will help the development team keep track of any problems.

Please do try to provide your full system specifications and a detailed description of the problem when reporting issues. If you can provide steps so we can try and reproduce the problem that will be even better.

Many thanks and have fun with Character Creator 3.1. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 hours ago
This is the biggest one, IMHO.  Been around for quite a while:

https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Transformer-not-correctly-mapping-vertices-for-many-characters-with-larger-necks

Essentially there is a neck vertex mapping issue with many of the Daz characters coming through Transformer.  This shouldn't be a hard fix since those same verts ARE being accessed (just not correctly).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
3.1 - Custom Preset Creation Issue
Creation of an avatar Preset for both Skin and Morph is Broken:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2431592e-547e-4da2-b7da-8870.jpg
(1) Select Skin&Morph category for Menu-selected "AvatarPreset"
(2) Hit "+" button to create a preset 
(3) Dialogue appears showing preset type to be created
(4) When you click "OK" so that preset will be created, nothing is shown, you can not see or access the preset you seemingly just created for Skin&Morph.  It is not shown or listed anywhere.
It seems to work for all the categories separately, like FullBodyMorph, BodyMorph, Head, Hair, Mouth, Eyes....
But 3.1 does not let you create a working-preset / icon for Skin&Morph (materials and morph).
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Hi Tony

Skin & Morph preset saving is working for me (anyone else having problems?).

I notice from the screenshot you have the eyes selected. Try selecting the avatar and see if it works now.

When you choose Full-Character it should save in the "Full Body" folder and Head will obviously save in the "Head" folder.

Also, have you tried this after a fresh restart of CC3. It might have been a temporary glitch originally.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Peter (RL) (9/2/2019)
Hi Tony

Skin & Morph preset saving is working for me (anyone else having problems?).

I notice from the screenshot you have the eyes selected. Try selecting the avatar and see if it works now.

When you choose Full-Character it should save in the "Full Body" folder and Head will obviously save in the "Head" folder.

Also, have you tried this after a fresh restart of CC3. It might have been a temporary glitch originally.

Hi Peter, I tested again and you are right, as it indeed works after a fresh restart.  But, I find it *only* works after a fresh restart.

And, I believe I have found what makes it not work in m,y case, because I was not working from a fresh restart.
Instead, I am applying individual Presets I made first (ie - skin, eyes, morph, etc), and then trying to create a full-body Skin&Morph preset master (inclusive of these applied sub-presets).
In this case, where I apply my individual custom presets first, then creating a Skin&Morph preset does not work. 

As such a Skin&Morph preset only can be created from scratch after fresh restart... So, the utility is really limited.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

TonyDPrime (9/3/2019)

Hi Peter, I tested again and you are right, as it indeed works after a fresh restart.  But, I find it *only* works after a fresh restart.

And, I believe I have found what makes it not work in m,y case, because I was not working from a fresh restart.
Instead, I am applying individual Presets I made first (ie - skin, eyes, morph, etc), and then trying to create a full-body Skin&Morph preset master (inclusive of these applied sub-presets).
In this case, where I apply my individual custom presets first, then creating a Skin&Morph preset does not work. 

As such a Skin&Morph preset only can be created from scratch after fresh restart... So, the utility is really limited.

Thanks for explaining more. We will try to reproduce the problem and check to see if there is an issue that needs fixing.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I don't know what causes the sub-presets from stopping the Skin&Morph preset from being able to be created, but it also occurs if you load a scene with sub-presets applied to a character.
If you load a scene that had a sub-preset applied, the Skin and Morph preset creation tool will not function.
It could be the glitch is the sub-preset modifies the scene's code to where it stops the icon part of the Skin&Morph from working.

Now what does work - you can have a fresh restart as you (Peter) mentioned, and start building a Skin&Morph preset from scratch, and it will work. 
And in this scenario you can either create new additional Skin&Morph presets, or replace the Skin&Morph ones already created with your updates.
But - as soon as some sub-preset is applied (morph, eyes, etc), then additional Skin&Morph presets can't be created anymore, and you can't replace an already existing Skin&Morph preset anymore either. 

Which, becomes a double whammy because I thought maybe a workaround could be to
1) create a default Skin&Morph preset from scratch in a fresh-restart scene, and then
2) after that apply the sub-presets, and then
3) just replace that respective already-existing Skin&Morph preset I had created in step-1 with a Skin&Morph preset 'replace'. 
But that does not work either.

So, it's like as soon as you apply a sub-preset, that's it.  Skin&Morph ones can no longer be created or replaced.  If we could have it where the code allows for the Skin&Morph continues to function this would be great.

BTW - it doesn't matter if you had just the eye or the whole character highlighted, when it does work, the dialogue still works no matter what is selected.

THX!
micabreen
micabreen
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)Senior Member (384 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
this problem has been with me for 6 months now and no one has even offered a solution... https://forum.reallusion.com/407599/working-with-decals-Help?Keywords=decal%20grey
soon as i place a decal a grey box appears on the character cannot get rid of it hide it anything. when i put a actual decal on it will show the texture of course with a grey box around it as well.. see post and hopefully someone up the food chain can assist me . smh
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 minutes ago
micabreen (9/11/2019)
this problem has been with me for 6 months now and no one has even offered a solution... https://forum.reallusion.com/407599/working-with-decals-Help?Keywords=decal%20grey
soon as i place a decal a grey box appears on the character cannot get rid of it hide it anything. when i put a actual decal on it will show the texture of course with a grey box around it as well.. see post and hopefully someone up the food chain can assist me . smh

See my response to a similar post from you here: https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost422600.aspx.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Magique
Magique
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I am working on a character based on Ayaka. I converted it to CC3 and then Game Base. All was working fine until I tried to apply the Game Eyes. Applying Game Teeth worked fine, but when applying Game Eyes, both eyes suddenly get jumbled up in the left eye socket. See attached image for what it looks like. I will leave the eyes as-is for now, but would like to convert to Game eyes when this bug is fixed.

I submitted this via Feedback tracker Issue #6274

Attachments
Ayaka-BadGameEyes.png (142 views, 1.00 MB)

Reading This Topic