IMPORTANT: Nvidia Graphics Driver 436.02 Issues

Posted By Peter (RL) 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 minutes ago
And this is EXACTLY why I want RL to spend ZERO time on this crap.

I want them to do a lot more with iClone/CC3 (I've given up on 3DX) and wasting their time trying to keep up with the never ending stream of nVidia drivers is just plain stupid.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Lets be real Mike. It can't go on like that forever.
Sooner or later they would have to fix whatever is wrong with entire RL line of products, which goes back as long as I can test, which is at least 4 years.
And they better do it soon. Otherwise they would go bankrupt facing an avalanche of refund requests from new customers.
And then nobody would get that "lot more" for iClone and CC.

Edited
5 Years Ago by 4u2ges
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
A fix is needed, but if it affects the entire line of RL products then the only realistic way to resolve this is for RL to get together with NVidia to find out what in the driver changed to cause this problem. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Yes, I'd be surprised if RL had not already opened a support ticket with NVIDIA, because this is big.

I'll be speculating, but it seems as if RL has been using some forgotten, obsolete routine,
which nobody else was using for years and which was destined to be depreciated by NVIDIA.
And that is what eventually happened with 436.02 release.

Edited
5 Years Ago by 4u2ges
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 7 days ago
Kelleytoons (8/28/2019)
And this is EXACTLY why I want RL to spend ZERO time on this crap.

I want them to do a lot more with iClone/CC3 (I've given up on 3DX) and wasting their time trying to keep up with the never ending stream of nVidia drivers is just plain stupid.

KT - the course of action you are promoting would reduce the number of views you get on your CC3 videos, as ongoing incompatibility inevitability reduces growth of new users working with CC3/iClone.
And, it would not only reduce new interest in the RL applications, but it would reduce new traffic to their content store.  And likewise, the whole mass of Marketplace vendors lose out too.

But these are good things somehow?
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I lost my 980ti partially thanks to Microsoft and their updates that break stuff.
its not just Nvidia
the one on July 18 screwed stuff up for me with BSOD's everytime I used anything GPU based
then
I fudged it up beyond all repair by blowing out my rig and apparently losing my metal nozzle
found it later wedged between the card and motherboard
only did it because people kept telling me I must have overheating issues in spite of nothing that monitors temperatures reporting any
shorted my card apparently so back on my old 760 and iClone runs fine
and thanks to that staying away from unneeded updates just the security ones
likewise Nvidia ones

bb.bernard
bb.bernard
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hi
The new  436.15 version doesn't work !!! 
When an update for Iclone 7.5 ? 

rosuckmedia
rosuckmedia
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)

The new driver 436.15 has the same problem
at least with me, have a rollback done.
Greeting rosuckmedia
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 7 days ago
wendyluvscatz (8/28/2019)
I lost my 980ti partially thanks to Microsoft and their updates that break stuff.
its not just Nvidia
the one on July 18 screwed stuff up for me with BSOD's everytime I used anything GPU based
then
I fudged it up beyond all repair by blowing out my rig and apparently losing my metal nozzle
found it later wedged between the card and motherboard
only did it because people kept telling me I must have overheating issues in spite of nothing that monitors temperatures reporting any
shorted my card apparently so back on my old 760 and iClone runs fine
and thanks to that staying away from unneeded updates just the security ones
likewise Nvidia ones

If it makes you feel any better I am an Octane user who used to have a rig of 6 Titan Zs watercooled...
What a nightmare everytime a GPU decided it needed troubleshooting.  One time I saw smoke and I thought it was water leakage on one of the the Titan Z's 2 cores. 
I detached the whole 6 GPU rig so many times, I was terrified I would lose the whole thing. 
In the end I just set up with the 1 GPU that was smoking, and I let the smoke just go to see what would happen...
....it burned out in like 10 seconds and then the smoke just stopped....but the GPU was okay! 
all it was was the Green "Titan" light was burning out...
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

It's sincerely heartbreaking to hear these horror stories - things that no-one is totally immune from BUT SHOULD BE.
Hey - we live in the year 2019 - PC's have been around a loooong time - and yet we spend 80% or more of our lives researching a PC to purchase, installing the software, learning & fine-tuning the software, updating O/S AND the software periodically, recovering from said updates with down-time, house cleaning and/or repairing, backing up & restoring system periodically etc etc ......

For the 'one man show' who doesn't have the luxury of dedicated IT personnel, around 20% of their *time* may actually be  >>> creative <<< ........  Now that isn't very good for the year 2019 !!!!  ---- Something's obviously lacking ---- 

The *closest* solution seems to be a mirrored backup to external drives - takes around 12 minutes for a total PC restoration (OS AND optimized programs) *if* the hardware's still OK. It can take an individual many, many, many months to optimize their programs and O/S.  In the case of *total* hardware failure - the irretrievable kind, a *NEW* PC may be required. And then what? - Start all over again? ..... It's 2019 !!!  - really?  ..... 

(btw, this is a *general expostulation* regarding PC's - not specific to this particular thread) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
5 Years Ago by sonic7

Reading This Topic