THEY ARE HERE

Posted By nealtucker 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
nealtucker
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thanks to all the help from the forum members and Realusion I have finally finished my first short? They Are Here.
I posted before about my project using video for the back projection where possible, I was very pleased with the results and something to build on in the future. 
Hope you enjoy this as much as I did making it.
Cheers
Neal 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View my latest Iclone project THEY ARE HERE Renegades versus the overlords Resize Editor
gordryd
gordryd
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
WOW - really good work here!  Great atmosphere/lighting, good soundtrack/audio, nice camera work, story moves along.  I also liked the mix of 'live' footage w/iClone footage.  One of the best iClone efforts I've seen and one of the few I've watched all the way through.

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

nealtucker
nealtucker
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Thanks for the kind comments gordryd, like many here Iclone has opened the door for affordable somewhat decent storytelling and tools to create a whole other world, Anyone can do this if you follow the great video tutorials and learn from the members on this very forum, I could not have done this without their help and their project inspirations shown here, KevinS etc.
I used Crazy Talk for the faces which are members of a local video club I attend so all are real amateurs at this voice-over thing and I know there is a lot of room for improvement, (They have not viewed this yet, you guys are the first) Faceware for this would be great,
Yes 15 mins is a lot to sit through so I made each scene as tight and interesting as I could to hold the attention, and hey who doesn't like ROBOTS.
N.    

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View my latest Iclone project THEY ARE HERE Renegades versus the overlords Resize Editor
rosuckmedia
rosuckmedia
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)

@nealtucker
Very well done, congratulationsSmile
Greeting rosuckmedia
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

Yes Neal - well done for sure! Didn't seem like 15 mintutes to me - so it's definately *working* on several levels. Same as *gordyrd* - I thought the mix of animation and 'real' - was used to good effect (and seems the most practical approach at times). Did I notice a 'music library' in use for part of your sound track? It sounded like either Sonokinetic or Sonuscore offerings (I could be wrong) - but I do like the 'orchestral' feel. Great use of visual FX and editing too. I felt your existing visuals could benefit from an even stronger character delivery as you've infact metioned - but hey - overall - this is a real credit to you (and your cast) Neal !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
5 Years Ago by sonic7
mark
mark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

What a hoot! Love it! So many cool shots and a fun story to boot!  I'm ready for the next episode!!!BigGrinTongueWink

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

nealtucker
nealtucker
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks Guys,
And sonic7, yes all that and NOVO as well, I'm a musician at heart so have a huge collection of VSTs /sound FX / and sound design stuff  and so for musicians, it seems a logical step to move into movie making where we get a chance to continue to make the music we like, this project took a year on and off because of the learning curve for Iclone but the music was realy quick. 
sonic7 (8/22/2019)

Yes Neal - well done for sure! Didn't seem like 15 mintutes to me - so it's definately *working* on several levels. Same as *gordyrd* - I thought the mix of animation and 'real' - was used to good effect (and seems the most practical approach at times). Did I notice a 'music library' in use for part of your sound track? It sounded like either Sonokinetic or Sonuscore offerings (I could be wrong) - but I do like the 'orchestral' feel. Great use of visual FX and editing too. I felt your existing visuals could benefit from an even stronger character delivery as you've infact metioned - but hey - overall - this is a real credit to you (and your cast) Neal !!!

Edited
5 Years Ago by nealtucker
Hewa' s Art
Hewa' s Art
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Great work and very well done, congratulations.Smile
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Wow!  There are lots and lots of things to like in your movie.
Really nice camera work.  And I agree that the mix of iClone and live footage was very interesting and well done.
Thank you for sharing.
Looking forward to seeing more from you.

P.S.
I have to ask, what motivated you to do this project?  One too many traffic tickets?

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

nealtucker
nealtucker
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks justaviking..well all of you guys really for your kind comments, I never honestly expected this but I was sure that my concept of live video and 3d assets would help create a bigger and more convincing world than just using all 3D assets, it also cuts down on the computer resources used while adding PopcornFX to add atmosphere and particles. The inspiration was that I'm in a film club but no good camera or experience but I had Iclone and Craytalk8, and numerous add-on packs and a Robot but no real idea for a story in which I could use all this great stuff, Well I was visiting the guy John in the film with the dungarees (a film club member), and he was complaining about the traffic wardens around his street  and what he would like to do with them! and the local council! the (Overlords).....So that was the start of it and things snowballed from there.    
justaviking (8/22/2019)
Wow!  There are lots and lots of things to like in your movie.
Really nice camera work.  And I agree that the mix of iClone and live footage was very interesting and well done.
Thank you for sharing.
Looking forward to seeing more from you.

P.S.
I have to ask, what motivated you to do this project?  One too many traffic tickets?

Reading This Topic