Particle hair creation in CC3?

Posted By martok2112 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
martok2112
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I did leave feedback with the Feedback Tracker...at least, I hope I did it right...about this, so now I'll pose the question here.

I know neither CC3 nor iClone are modeling apps.  They have the capability to alter some aspects of meshes, but not in a full "modeling" sense.
However, would it be feasible for CC3 (or future version) to have a particle hair creator similar to Blender's?    Combing, cut/add, grow length, fluffing, smoothing...and the physics to make the hair look good in motion.
It would be great to be able to have particle hair that can be groomed in such a fashion in CC3 and the outcome of it workable for iClone.

"Incompetence will always prevail so long as evil men stand by and do nothing."
-Martok2112

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 15 minutes ago
Thanks for the feedback. This has been requested before but sadly it is not part of our current plans to introduce a hair creator system for iClone or Character Creator.

Of course you never know what future versions may bring so never say never.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

martok2112
martok2112
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)

Ah ah ah....you said "never"
Gahhhh.....now I said "never"
Gahhhh.....I said it again!
Eeeek....now I said "it"!
Aggghhh....I said "it" again!
Nee!    Nee!!!!!  

On a serious note though, Hair creation would certainly allow Character Creator 3 to live further up to its name.  I'm loving CC3 for the most part... I often use VRoid in conjunction with it for the hair creation aspect.  In truth, outside of groomable particle hair, like in Blender, there really is no other easy way to make custom hair for CC avatars. The particle hair in Blender has to be converted to a mesh, then to curves (which can take forever if you're doing a relatively dense hair set up), then giving some geometry to those curves, and then converting those back into mesh.  Definitely a system cruncher.

VRoid comes really close, I'll give it that.  Smile

Smile

-Martok2112

Edited
5 Years Ago by martok2112
martok2112
martok2112
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ok...so I posted my suggestion some time back on the Feedback Tracker as you suggested, Peter.
All I am getting back is SPAM!

brochill585 Sep 14, 2019

Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.
I wanted to thank you for this websites! Thanks for sharing.

---------------------------------------------------------------

peddisunny0106 Sep 1, 2019

Finest blog!I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.

brochill585 Aug 30, 2019

Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.

miyabhai7864444 Aug 29, 2019

Thank you so much for this. I was into this issue and tired to  tinker around to check if its possible but couldnt get it done. Now that i have seen the way you did it, thanks guys
with
regards

This is nothing but SPAM!   
No disrespect. but how about a useful answer from a developer or content creator instead allowing  this annoying crap?

-Martok2112

Edited
5 Years Ago by martok2112
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 1:40 AM
I have had spam comments in one of my entries for Feedback Tracker as well. There is an option to report using the Report issue button, after which they will be removed.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

martok2112
martok2112
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks. Smile

-Martok2112

Reading This Topic