Profile Picture

What's New in Character Creator 3.1 (sneak preview)

Posted By Miranda (RL) 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Colonel_Klink
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
animagic (9/5/2019)
OK, I can now give an answer. The Transformer tool works with FBX files, so the G6 characters need to exported first as FBX and you need 3DX Pipeline for that. It may work with 3DX 6 Pipeline also.

That said, when I try to export, I get a prompt about an Export license. It would be nice if this could somehow be bypassed because we are just re-importing and not using the characters externally. Otherwise the function would be of limited use for me.

I tried that with 3DX 6 Pipeline but apparently 3DX must generate a profile file for the FBX file as that is what CC3 is looking for in the transformer process.

I have exported a G6 character as an obj and imported as an accessory in CC3 to get clothing but it sort of defeats the purpose and doesn't convert the character to CC3.

See all my content in one place
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a5008f7f-0e1f-4504-bcf8-f262.png
Facebook Page: CWK3D Game and Film Content
Cancer Survivor - Retired Teacher - Geriatric Icloner still learning
Hardware: ZX80; Operating System- ZX80 Basic; CPU - ZX80 @ 3.25 MHz; Memory - 1KB; Hard Drive - N/A; Storage - Cassette; Monitor: Any old CRT TV

Polaraul
Polaraul
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Colonel_Klink (9/4/2019)
I do have a question as to why Character Creator Pipeline users need to have 3DX Pipeline for using the transformation tool in CC to import G6 Characters?

Good question. As I have discovered since purchasing CC3, and depending on your workflow, it is reliant on third party tools and is not a complete solution! 

Reading This Topic