[CC3 to Unity] Scyra's Exotic Tricks and Traps

Posted By Scyra 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
R Ham
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 hours ago
All I can say is, what a handy thread. Thank you for taking the time to put it together. The otherwise undocumented nuances of importing are just what I need to look into at this time.

"Less clicks good, more clicks bad."
Scyra
Scyra
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi, Rottenham, I'm glad you like it. It is helpful for me too because I learn so much, then I'm off to the next thing and I forget things until I read back over my notes. Eventually I will get to making animations for CC3 characters with Perception Neuron and Live Face..

CC3 & Daz Tricks | CC3 to Unity workflow

Scyra
Scyra
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

May as well drop these images off here...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b283325f-1b75-49dd-b9d8-e799.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d4dd8230-f45a-4188-a2fc-b451.jpg

This is where I've left off on my Unity project. This took me a month to make. Now I will spend probably a month making as many Daz to CC3 characters as possible. I am moving new Daz to CC3 tutorial material over to this thread, which will be of higher quality. Then I plan to do a similar thing for CC3 to Unity again...we'll see.

F O R W A R D
F O R W A R D
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (272 reputation)Senior Member (272 reputation)Senior Member (272 reputation)Senior Member (272 reputation)Senior Member (272 reputation)Senior Member (272 reputation)Senior Member (272 reputation)Senior Member (272 reputation)Senior Member (272 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Amazing, I hope I can learn a lot from this. So far I'm having some issues by integrating my character to a famous "Player Controller".
Scyra
Scyra
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'm using Invector. I can post some tips on that if there is an interest.

F O R W A R D
F O R W A R D
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (272 reputation)Senior Member (272 reputation)Senior Member (272 reputation)Senior Member (272 reputation)Senior Member (272 reputation)Senior Member (272 reputation)Senior Member (272 reputation)Senior Member (272 reputation)Senior Member (272 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I'm using Opsive Ultimate Character Controller, if you could make a guide on that it would be wonderful. 

Edit:

I just realized that I had bought "Invector" a long time ago, so if you can make a guide with that it's also great.
Edited
5 Years Ago by the.magico
Scyra
Scyra
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'll do Invector because I own the full version and anybody can use the free Basic Locomotion version, which is just unbelievably great for a free asset. I don't own Opsive or Ootii's character controllers, but I ran the demos and I think they are good. Those are the big three, and they seem similar to me; maybe working with Invector will help you figure out Opsive.

I'm going to delete the second and third posts in this thread. The second post will be about hair shaders and I'll make the third one about Invector...maybe check back tomorrow for that.

Invector's Third Person Motion Controllers (Free Unity Asset: Basic Locomotion)

Invector is simple to set up and they have good tutorials and an active and helpful forum that can help you with that asset more than I can. There are a few things to be aware of regarding CC3 characters and Invector, however...

Do not scale your character when using Invector. He mentions this but it's easy to forget.Your character models can have problems when you do a build if you scale them. This means you need to pay attention to the height of your CC3 models, which is impossible because CC3 has no "feet & inches" option. I didn't pay enough attention to centimeters in the second grade and now I'm done for.

The "run forward" animation that comes with Invector is not compatible with the CC3 rig — it works, but the motion is jerky. Nothing is wrong, you just need to replace that particular animation. Invector has a 3 years old video on his YouTube that explains how to replace animations and it couldn't be easier.

Invector's asset warns you not to import it into an existing project. This is because it will overwrte Unity settings. Packages like these tend to overwrite default settings they have no business with. You may not notice your color space is switched to Linear, for example. You can run a second instance of Unity and use it to compare and correct settings if you need to.

The clone of your character that is created by Invector will no longer have the "Current Pose" that you (should have) exported with your character, so the problem in Unity where the character's mouth hangs open will occur. You can either look up how to transfer the pose to the other character, or you can fix this by dragging the lower jaw hierarchy into the upper jaw (CC_Base_JawRoot being the lower jaw). I have not had any problems with that method yet, but if you did, you could simply drag it back to the way it was.

I haven't had any other issues with CC3 & Invector.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Scyra
martinortiz
martinortiz
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I realize this is an old post, don't know if it is still monitored by OP.
"I made a scene that looks close to CC3's Default Stage."
Can you make this available for download?
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
The last active time of Scyra is last year, so it seems to be impossible to see any updates. 
I quite like the way Scyra explored and shared his findings. It's a pity. Sad 
coach1
coach1
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (685 reputation)Veteran Member (685 reputation)Veteran Member (685 reputation)Veteran Member (685 reputation)Veteran Member (685 reputation)Veteran Member (685 reputation)Veteran Member (685 reputation)Veteran Member (685 reputation)Veteran Member (685 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
maybe one of the best threads in  forum...

Reading This Topic