2D character builder

Posted By candlelight2007 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
candlelight2007
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
My dream feature would be 2D Character builder. I won’t be bending the truth much if I say that the most dreaded, horrifically tedious, time consuming and utterly frustrating part for me is and has always been creating characters in CTA/CA. Those few times - since I first got CTA3 about a year ago - when I was ready to quit CA forever and switch to some other animation software were exactly the times of me trying to make the character look and move the way I wanted. I know I know: people will say you can use PSD editor, templates, blah blah blah. But I see those as a workaround, as an optional extra feature for those living and breathing Photoshop. I understand that that may be a marketing strategy at play to encourage people to buy characters in the marketplace, fair enough, but even if you buy a character and want to customize it you'll be facing the same challenge. I understand that for the artists with great drawing/design skills that might not be an issue but for non-artists like me it absolutely is. And I am 100% positive that if Reallusion added at least a very basic character builder it would change the acceptance level of their customer base forever. Even if it’s not part of the Pipeline, I would be the first one to pay for that extra module. I want to be able to go pick heads, hands, skin tone, hair, hands, arms, eyes, etc, tweak size and shape of bodyparts and facial features and within minutes have a custom character that translates into a perfect template that you know will work in CA without missing eyes, misaligned bones and head or arms stuck in one position.

You have a gorgeous creator for iClone, I don’t think it would take too much effort to create an add-on to your 3D Character Creator where you can export your 3D character into a 2D slice of it that would be CA-ready.
Edited
5 Years Ago by candlelight2007
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
Thank you for the feedback.

Please do remember to post your wishful feature requests in the Feedback Tracker as well as posting on the forum. The tracker is monitored directly by the relevant departmental teams and you may get feedback from the team there. In addition, it allows other users to support your request with the most requested suggestions getting priority.

Thank you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

candlelight2007
candlelight2007
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thanks Peter, will do! 
Incidentally it turns out that I had already submitted this request to Feedback Tracker almost a year ago! ha ha 

Reading This Topic