Profile Picture

New to iClone and looking for resources.

Posted By mitchbandes 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mitchbandes
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hello, I'm new to iClone. I bought the Character Animation Basic Bundle in the hopes of creating 3D animations using original characters, without having any real experience in modeling and rigging human characters.

The project I am working on is an action series centered around tokusatsu heroes (Japanese costumed heroes, like Kamen Rider and Super Sentai).

The problem is, I can't figure out how to achieve the style I want using CC3 with the Pipeline Extension; I can only see how to make realistic characters with realistic clothes, and not a very wide selection at that. So I'd like you to point me to the best resources that will help me make what I want. I am willing to buy something extra in the Reallusion store, since I've got a 40% coupon code to burn, but if I do make another purchase, I want to be absolutely sure that I'm going to get the thing(s) I really want.

The first thing I'd like to do is use the Character Creator to build characters to my liking. I'm going for a semi-stylized anime look, with roughly realistic body proportions but somewhat enlarged facial features and technicolor hair. Here's a few examples in the ballpark of what I'm going for:

https://statici.behindthevoiceactors.com/behindthevoiceactors/_img/shows/banner_362.jpg
https://statici.behindthevoiceactors.com/behindthevoiceactors/_img/franchises/435.jpg

As for costume design, I'll obviously need Sentai costumes; spandex bodysuits and ornate helmets, belts, boots, gloves, and armor (see above). The main villain will have similar costuming, plus various cybernetic enhancements and maybe a cloak or cape. Then there's also the paramilitary organization that backs up the heroes, who will need costumes of their own. I imagine they'll be similarly dressed to the crew of NERV.

And I think that covers just about everything I'm looking for. I hope you'll be able to point me toward the products and resources I need for my project. Thank you in advance.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
I would say without question you need to become a Daz Platinum member and start browsing their catalog.  They have much if not all the stuff you want there, and with CC Pipeline you can easily convert it.

I think I've even seen those exact costumes there (or something very, very similar).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
mitchbandes
mitchbandes
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I'm downloading the basic Daz package now to try it out. So far it does look like Daz is better for creating the characters I want. But what about actual animation? iClone is still better for that, right?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Daz is your content library source -- Character Creator will then use those assets and is perfect for creating characters for use in iClone. 

And iClone is by far the best character animation program out there.  Best bang for the buck and easiest to use.  That's its wheelhouse.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic