Profile Picture

Hi new here and have a question?

Posted By paulmartin_129 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
paulmartin_129
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (57 reputation)New Member (57 reputation)New Member (57 reputation)New Member (57 reputation)New Member (57 reputation)New Member (57 reputation)New Member (57 reputation)New Member (57 reputation)New Member (57 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hello everyone,

I purchased iclone today and was wondering if you can extend the memory usage as I have 16 gig memory and it's saying I'm using 3 gig and would like to use at least 8 gig, can this be done?

Thanks in advance.
wires
wires
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Can you post a screen shot showing the usage? iClone will use as much RAM as required to load the opened scene to memory. A small scene will consume a small amount, while a very large scene can bring your system to a stop when available RAM is full.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

mark
mark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
And are we talking VRAM & RAM? VRAM on the display card is pretty important to iClone!!

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

paulmartin_129
paulmartin_129
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (57 reputation)New Member (57 reputation)New Member (57 reputation)New Member (57 reputation)New Member (57 reputation)New Member (57 reputation)New Member (57 reputation)New Member (57 reputation)New Member (57 reputation)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b889f658-f4f0-4236-ac1b-1a13.jpg
paulmartin_129
paulmartin_129
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hi,

Yes it's showing 3 gig vram but have 16 ram in my laptop, I'm using a ge62 6qf apache pro msi gaming laptop, graphic card gtx970m, I'm not going to be making high rez scenes, but they will be large as I want to build a static caravan site, well parts of it and make episodes around the static caravan site and the people that live on the park. Just kinda leaning the software right now though. and would like to make full use of what I have memory wise..Can you alter the 3 gig mem usage or does iclone auto use system memory once graphic memory has run out?
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
For all practical purposes, the GRAPHICS CARD is the primary resource for iClone.  Therefore, it display the "VRAM" (Video card RAM) that is on your graphics card.

iClone will automatically use as much VRAM as is needed for your scene.  If your scene requires more than the 3GB that's on your GPU, it will start "swapping" in and out between your VRAM and your system RAM, which will result in a huge performance slowdown.

But don't panic yet.  There is a lot of animation that can be accomplished with 3GB of VRAM, and there are trick and techniques to help make efficient use of that VRAM.  Just keep an eye on it, and if you start running out, come back here with a more detailed description of your scene and you'll probably get some good advice (before you need to resort to buying a new GPU with more VRAM).

But although I said "Don't panic," do understand 3GB is on the low end.  So don't panic, but do be very mindful of the resources you use.  Avoid unnecessarily hi4-gh-poly models and high-res textures, and remove objects that are not visible to the camera.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
5 Years Ago by justaviking
paulmartin_129
paulmartin_129
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hi,
Thanks for the advice all, it's reasuring to know it will use system ram after the vram if needed, Thanks again.

Reading This Topic